9 | Hail, Hydra

Ryan's POV

Two months.

Two long months of suspension and focusing on school. Two months since I've spoken to dad, and for what he did, I didn't want to talk to him.

Running my hand through my hair, a sigh left my lips. I lived for the missions that kept me moving instead of being bored. Only having four classes for my senior year is exhausting with all this new time.

I wanted to graduate early, but then I'd leave Amber all alone which I didn't want, so I stayed for her.

I leaned forward in my chair staring at the computer. An email had came through which explained that one of Stark's investors wanted to drop us.

Picking up the phone, I quickly dialed Tony. "Kinda busy here kid." He picked up after five rings. I roll my eyes.

"Mr. Preston wants to drop us." I simply say. Silence was on the other end.

"I'll be right there." He responded and than hung up. I pulled the phone away and looked at it strangely. Okay then.

For the last two months, I worked as Tony's personal assistant. Pepper, who was his on and off girlfriend, was also his personal assistant that helped me.

"What does he want now!" Tony said with an annoyed expression. I just showed him my monitor. "You know I don't like reading things." I roll my eyes and turn it back to me.

"Pretty much he wants to drop you because he thinks that the weapons that you are developing for the military are to dangerous." I told him. I left out the colorful words that he also put in there.

"That's ridiculous! I'll have Pepper call him" He says looking at me. "Take the rest of the day off." He waves his hand.

"Tony.." I start to say. I didn't really have anything to do.

"I have a project for you." He says with a smirk.  I raise my brows at him. "Meet on the 89th floor." He exclaims and walks away. I nod my head.

Stepping off on the designated floor, I look around. The room was filled with glass windows with machines around in dirty piles.

"Tony?" I yell out. I heard a crash and a yelp. "Tony?" I ask once more walking into the room.

"Over here!" I heard him shout. I furrowed my brows but continue to walk. He came into my view sitting in a chair working on something. "Great, you made it!" He says looking at me.

"What do you need me for boss?" I ask him. He patted to the chair next to him.

"I wanted you to help me build something. But you can't tell anyone." He said leaning close to me as I took a seat next to him.

"I won't." I say. It was true, secrets is what I do for a living. "What's in it for me?" I ask with a smirk.

"Of course you'd ask that." He chuckles. "I could help you with a search that you've been wanting." He said not facing me.

"What search?" I ask looking at him. I watch him shrink in his chair.

"JARVIS." He calls out with s nervous laugh.

"Mr. Stark has been spying on you Miss Ryan." The A.I said. I look at Tony getting angry.

"But with good intentions!" He defended. I narrow my eyes at him. "Besides, we're partners in crime." He says with a mischievous smile. I roll my eyes.

Tony did have the resources to help me. He also had a lot of money to help out since I was suspended.

"Tony, I'm mad that you were digging into my business, but I'll collect later." I say matching his smirk. "Now, What are we building?" I ask lookin at the metal thing in the table.