8 | Schooling, Training & Fighting

Ryan's POV

My eye lids were growing heavier by the minute taking in Mr. Jensen's voice rambling about Captain America who was the real hero of WWII. Captain America, the one Phil wouldn't stop talking about when I found his deck of cards.

"Captain Steve Rogers along with the Howling Commandos took back a Hydra base saving a LT. Bucky Barnes..." I throw back my head in annoyance. It was bad that I learned it from Phil, but in school.

"Miss Warren, am I boring you?" Mr. Jensen's voice suddenly rang in my ear. Jolting awake, I look around to see other people around me laughing. "Detention Miss Warren." He casually says and walks toward the board.

I growl folding my arms accepting it. Well, looks like no matter what, I'll be late for training.

After school got out, I walked back to the history room where all the other teenagers got detention. I was exhausted for the last week since my birthday. Dad isn't going to give up what happened. But at least I threw him off.

"This is a surprise." A deep voice says when I walk through the door. I scan the room for the person, landing on a boy with brown hair by the window.

"What is?" I ask taking a seat in the middle row.

"That a girl like you got into detention." He says with a shrug. I roll my eyes.

"So what Wes." I tell him and have my back face him. I had to admit, Wes Grey was an attractive guy for someone who didn't want o fit in and try. He was the hacked kind of guy, who knew about everyone no matter what. I hate to admit it, but he was a very good agent.

"Just thought you had more important things to do." He says. I could hear the smirk in his voice. Wes' parents were highly ranked SHEILD agents that worked at the Hub. Dad got him a job after he hacked SHIELD multiple times.

"I do." I reply. He knew what Nat was going to do for me for being late. She scared him more than anything. Wes knew about me but he didn't know my family history.

A comfortable silence was set in the air, which was comforting. Pulling out my phone, I sent a quick text to Clint and Nat. I didn't get a reply back so I just put my phone back in my pocket.

Mr. Jensen came waltzing in with a DVD in his hand. "Since you guys like sleeping and doing nothing, I have a special video for you all." He said excitingly. All the other people in the room groaned.

I felt a figure move in the seat next to me. Glancing over to my right, I lock eyes with Wes. He had a smirk on his face.

"Hydra, why it's a special thing." Mr. Jensen says with a smile. I raise my brow at him. He was a strange guy, I admit. I checked him out and he was all clear, maybe not.

Rushing past the agents in the hall, I got a few looks by the agents as I ran by in my suit. I was two hours late for training.

Turning the corner, my feet hit the cemented ground feeling my heart beat rise. I was going to get it now. Getting to the gym door, I quickly slammed it open.

Huffing, I spot Natasha and Clint standing in the middle swearing. "You're late." Nat said firmly. I look at her.

"I got detention." I sheepishly say. Both of them crossed their arms.

"You had two weeks off, and you chose to be late?" Nat questioned. She was being hard on me.

"I didn't choose!" I defended. She threw a punch at me. "Hey watch it!" I say ducking. She ignored me and went for another swing. I see what her game was.