2 | A Lead

Ryan's POV

"Black Widow is stationed in an open areas in the mountains of Russia. We are there to observe until she is alone. She is highly trained to kill, the Director wants us to kill on sight" Clint says to me as we sat in the blue sofa. He seemed hesitant about the last part.

"But?" I ask looking at him. We had spent a few minutes talking when all I could think of was that location.

"I think we should recruit her" he states looking at me in the eye. I raise an eyebrow.

I shook my head, "that's not our mission." I say knowing right away dad wouldn't like that idea. He had trust issues and if we catch a former Russian spy, I know he'll not trust her.

"I know what our mission is. But look at it from my perspective Ry. Black Widow is a person, Natalia was taken as a baby and was trained as an assassin, I believe she just needs to be set in the right path" he tells me with determination in his eye.

"You haven't met her yet" I say, disagreeing with him. He gave me a look.

"It's the right thing to do" he replies. I opened my mouth to reply but I knew he was right. Even if dad would be mad, she does have the skill set to help agents.

I nod my head to him thinking. Maybe I can skip the party tonight and start my trace. I finally got the lead I had been working on since I got into SHIELD. "I agree. It's the right thing to do. But if we get a bitch fit from my dad, you're taking the blame" I say with a smirk.

"Deal." He says, giving me a fist bump. We both got up and walked to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow Blaze" he says and opens the door.

"Bye bird brain" I smirk watching him slowly glare at me. I close the door behind him and immediately locked it.

Walking over to the bookcase, I went to the computer. When I looked I clicked the result and took a sharp breath. Hacking into SHIELD in less then three minutes, I was in. My eyes scanned for anything in Sokovia and when I thought there wasn't anything, there was. It was decrypted which made me type faster to undecrypt it. Once I broke through the file an alert popped up showing a level 7 and above clearance. Clenching my jaw, some words were blacked out.

Moving my head forward, I knew enough to go take him down. Hydra. I say with venom in my head. Quickly typing I exited out of SHIELD and went for a go-bag. Getting my phone out, I quickly dialed Ambers number.

"Hello?" Amber asks after several rings.

"Hey Ambs. I can't make it to the party" I say to her heading for the door and locking it after me.

"Aw but why? You've been looking forward for this for a couple of days!" She says as I stepped into the elevator. I look up at the ceiling waiting to get on the main floor.

"I know, but something else came up. Listen, have fun. I'll see you in a couple of days" I tell her. I could feel her huff in sadness. I felt guilty, but it had taken a long time to get this lead.

"Okay. But you be safe! If I hear on the news that you died I'll bring you back and kill you myself! No one deserves to be alone when they're hurting Ryan" Amber tells me softly. I smile at her words and nodded my head.

"I know Ambs. I'll talk you you later okay? Thank you for understanding. You're a great best friend" I say with a smile. My hair long brown curly hair whipped in the wind as I stepped foot out of the apartment building.