seventeen

do I have any guy readers

I just want to say happy belated easter if u don't celebrate it happy sunday idek ok well I'm like a couple thousand away 200k reads guys that is unbelievable

so I want to do something special for y'all like if I did a twitcam or something would you watch it or y'all can dare me to do stuFF IDEK I JUST WANT TO cELEBRATE TWO HUNDRED THIUSAND OKAY

why wAS THE SAND WET? BC THE SEA WEED HAHAHAHAHAH

»

Luke adjusted his shirt for the millionth time in possibly a minute. He ran his hands through his hair again, looking down. You didn't have to dress nice for the movies, right?

He hadn't been this nervous since his high school graduation, and we all see how that worked out. It wasn't the kind of nervous like I'm failing three classes and report cards come out today, it was more like the girl I really like is going to a movie with me and my hair is still fucking blue and I have no idea what I'm doing. Luke never really dated, except maybe in primary school. Even then the public "dates" to the local skating rink were especially awkward when he had no clue how to skate and he couldn't afford to buy his girl a hotdog.

Now he can afford to buy his girl a hotdog and he was freaking out about it. Ashton walked into his room and found Luke gulping nervously, before grabbing his keys and phone. "Good luck," he said, clamping a hand on his mate's shoulder.

"Thanks," Luke replied and he left. His car was parked outside. The only reason why he had such a nice car (an '07 Camaro) was because his brother rewarded him with it when Luke went to college. He hopped in and prayed that it would go well, his eyes closing momentarily. "I'm going to make a fool of myself, Emma." Then he stopped, realizing talking to himself wouldn't solve anything, and it was also a bit odd.

Emma'd texted him the address of her house, which he technically already knew where it was. His worst fear was that her mum - or even worse, her sister - would answer the door and he'd have to speak to them. There was no way in hell he'd make a fool of himself in front of two Kings in one night. Not happening.

Unfortunately, when he went up to the door, her mother pulled it open and looked at him in joy. "EMMA YOUR BOYFRIEND'S HERE," she yelled and smiled softly at Luke, taking his wrist and yanking him into the house. "Why is your hair blue, son?"

"I'm not her boyfriend," he choked out, and his hands defensively touched his hair. "Ask your daughter." He laughed nervously and leaned against the counter of the kitchen. He took one of the cookies Ms. King offered to be nice, but they were actually really good. "I think I need the recipe to these. Wait, never mind I can't cook."

Emma bounced down the stairs, tripping over the last one and falling face first onto the carpet. Her hands flew out in front of her and she caught herself before she died. "I'm okay," she squeaked and pushed herself up, dusting off her pants. "Hi, Luke."

Ms. King placed her hands on her hips. "Why is his hair blue?"

Her daughter blushed under both of their hard gazes and moved around them to the junk drawer. "I may have dyed his hair blue by accident," she admitted, and Luke coughed into his hand. Emma pulled out a bandaid, unwrapping it. "Okay, it wasn't an accident. Look, my bandaid has Squidward on it." Luke smiled.

"Emma!"

She threw her hands in the air innocently, her bandaid on her elbow sticking out against her skin. "It was his friends' ideas! I just went along with it because it was genius so don't even go there, Mum," Emma said grabbing her phone and stuffing it in her pocket. "Okay, we're going to leave now, bye."

Ms. King pulled Emma into a hug and shook Luke's hand. "It was nice meeting you," he said, and nodded when she told him to take care of her daughter. "I will. Goodnight, Ms. King."

Emma dragged Luke by his hand out of the house and locked their fingers together, looking up at him. He admired her outfit, something pretty but casual. It was a pair of plain black leggings and a yellow crop top, exposing a tiny bit of stomach. Then she had on her white Converse high tops that she had on in the store.

"You, uh, look beautiful."

He couldn't have sounded more like he was lying in his life. Emma cocked her head to the side, her cheeks warming. "Thanks, so do you," she giggled and he instantly felt himself relaxing. He opened the passenger's door for her and she slid in, smiling up at him.

Luke ran awkwardly around the car and climbed into his own seat, starting the car and beginning to drive. It was quiet before Luke put on the radio, only it turned out to be a CD. A song by a band Emma wasn't sure of started playing and she just sat there, subtly looking at Luke as he sings the words under his breath. He was mesmerizing. Like how his lips barely moved but she could also hear him quietly mumbling the lyrics. She can't tell if he's good or not.

"What do you want to see?" Luke asked after a while, and he pulled up to the movie theater. "I don't know what's out."

Emma unbuckled as he pulled into a parking spot, turning to him. "Oculus is out," she said, smirking deviously. "We could see that, if you're not chicken." Luke scoffed as the two jumped out of the car. She began to walk around the front to meet him halfway, but she tripped over her own shoelace and went flying forward again. Luckily, she caught herself on the hood of his car. "Holy bible, what is wrong with me tonight?"

In a second Luke was laughing. Hard. His face turned slightly red at how hard he was laughing and he couldn't breathe. Emma blinked at him and crossed her arms, muttering that it wasn't that funny. "I'm just now realizing that earlier you literally just fell and your mum didn't even care," he managed to breathe out, and soon they were both laughing until their chests hurt. "Oh my god, let's just go watch the movie."

They walked along the pavement, Luke making sure she watched where she stepped, actually picking her up when they reached the curb. She begged him not to but he lifted her over the sidewalk easily, her shrill giggle filling his ears.

As Emma and Luke approached the booth, he reached into his pocket to grab his wallet, only to realize something. "I forgot my wallet, dammit," he muttered, feeling all of his pockets one more time.

"I asked you out, I'll pay," Emma smiled, taking off her phone case and looking for the money she kept there when she didn't have pockets. She frowned before realization hit her and she slapped a hand to her face. "It's on my bed. I was going to wear jeans but changed my mind and- oh my god. Luke, this is a sign."

He rolled his eyes.

She ran her hands through her hair nervously. "It is! I've fallen twice and we both forgot money," Emma cried, looking up to his big blue eyes. "This is a sign that this is not meant to happen. My dad was really superstitious and he told me that when he and my mum had their first date, it was literally perfect. Like he found a twenty on the ground. That's lucky! Now this?" Emma gestured to nothing in particular. "This is bad luck."

"Hey, Emma?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut up."