thirty-two

all of emma's outfits (as well as my other stories) are on my polyvore (look at my bio)

aight I'm going to charleston from the 14th to the 16th with @volcanoash (hey follow her she's really swaggy and likes porn) so I might not update any of those days unless I get creative at night ;-) ;-)

sry bout that I'm pretty tired

hey go read @ambamendes' stories bc perfect she just posted a blurb thing for her new one three and she's super nervous so go tell her she's got nothing to worry about (-:

if you want your letter or twitter or something sent to the vamps via a fanbook, go follow and dm courtney aka @handsdownhemmo who's super sweet! just read the link in her bio (:

my twitter: @intoxicatingcal (---;

»

The next morning, Em and Luke packed up, said goodbye, and left. It was pretty emotional on Liz's end, but Luke seemingly rushed to get out.

On the car ride back, Luke received a text saying that the boys were invited to a party at their friend James' house. So obviously he'd want Emma to come with him. "Hey," he spoke, turning the radio down. She looked up at him with a small smile. "Do you want to go to this party with me? It's next Friday night."

She looked out the window for a moment before huffing. "I can't," she sighed, "I have work."

"Work?" Luke asked, not even knowing she had a job. He turned the radio down.

Emma groaned. "Yeah, my mum made me get one, and she said she'd help me get my own flat if I get a job and stuff," she said, and he liked that idea. "I wish I could go." He shrugged and grabbed her hand.

On the way back he started thinking about how fast their relationship went and how much he was giving up by being in a relationship with her. Like, he couldn't bring back random girls and then not care if he woke up and they weren't there. And he couldn't flirt with girls, and he couldn't dance with girls. Oh, god. What was this mess?

Em was completely oblivious that he was thinking like this, and he almost felt guilty, but they were at the I love you stage. He was only nineteen! Nineteen year olds shouldn't be tied down to an I love you relationship when he could be out living his life.

How long would he have to wait for sex, too, by the way? Emma clearly wasn't ready and he was fine with that, really. He loved her and wanted her to be happy. It's just . . . In any other relationship, he'd have fucked her already. And they wouldn't be at the deadly I love you stage. Luke gulped. Was it getting hot in the car? His palm was sweaty, and Em noticed, but didn't pull away.

She fell asleep for the rest of the car ride and he literally panicked the entire way home. He just needed to sleep it off and he'd be back to thinking about how pretty Emma was, as opposed to fucking anybody else. Yeah, just sleep.

When they got to the five minute mark, he reached over and gently rubbed circles on her back. "Hey, Em," Luke cooed. "We're almost home." She stirred and pulled the blanket he'd thrown on her body over her head like a nun. "Wake up, Sister Emma."

"I don't wanna'," she groaned. "What time is it?"

He watched from the corner of his eye as she sat up and looked in the little compartment mirror. "Around nine," he said and she sighed, closing it and moving the blanket to just her shoulders. "Do you want to just go back to mine and sleep there? I can make Cal sleep on the couch."

"I'll just call my mum," she said, and pulled out her phone. Em yawned and brought it to her ear, running her fingers through her hair tiredly. "It's ringing. I have Blink-182 stuck in my head, thanks to you. That one song, um, I don't- Hi Mum!" Luke watched her look down at her lap and play with a string on her pants. "Yeah, I'm fine, he's a good driver." He snorted. "Cool, look, can I go to Luke's and just come home in the morning? I can get a ride whenever." She looked at Luke before blushing and looking away, her voice suddenly lower. "No, we're not gonna' do that."

He grimaced.

"Okay, goodnight. I love you," she said and hung up, placing her phone in her lap. Luke assumed she was allowed and didn't say anything. "How do you find Will Smith in the snow?" When he didn't reply, she answered herself. "By looking for fresh prints."

It was silent. Luke was letting his thoughts consume him and Emma was freaking out on the inside because she had to have done something wrong to turn him this off of him, and then it hit her. He finally got something out of her last night and now he was ignoring her. Her heart literally sunk and she wanted to cry. Em thought he was different, he said he was different.

So he was flipping out because he thought he was settling or some bullshit, and she was flipping out because she thought he used her, so that happened.

"Can you take me home?" Emma asked quietly, and his neck cracked in the process of looking at her before asking why hoarsely, and she shrugged. What was she going to say? I'm mad at you because you're mad at me? So she said, "Because," and brought her knees to her chest.

When they got to her house, she wordlessly got out and went to the back, and he unlocked the trunk before getting out of the car and helping her get her bag out. He stood there awkwardly, too, not knowing if he should kiss her or not.

Emma cleared her throat and looked away, before saying, "Bye, Luke," and turned around, and going inside. That was that. He didn't know what to do, or say, or if he should even say anything. All he knew was that he fucked up.

»

When Em woke up the next morning, she was disappointed but not surprised when she didn't see any Good morning, beautiful xx (: texts like usual.

It was all confusing and she wanted to know just what the hell happened last night. Did she do something wrong? Like before, she automatically thought he got what he wanted so he wanted to leave now. And that really freaking sucked, but what could she do? She wouldn't dare ask him about it either.

So she tried to clear her mind of Luke and not let herself worry too much about it. If they were done, they were done. Emma just got ready for work, fixing herself up in her new uniform for Made in Italy.

On the other hand, Luke woke up still in a fucking frenzy. He was contemplating texting her and apologizing, then not. He decided against it and just tried talking to Ash about a footy game or something. Anything to clear his mind.

Thank Jesus for the party tonight so he could get drunk and just. stop. thinking.