twenty-seven

gucci gucci louis louis fendi fendi prada

okay I like justin bieber and vanilla perfume and I love to watch people's reaction as they read because the look of pure concentration is great and god I'm really hungry so I'm gonna go get food brb

I got a quesadilla

thank you guys so much for the love and support and I couldn't ask for better readers because y'all so funny this fandom is the best idk

yesterday I looked up jokes and I read this one and didn't get it but I just got it like .72 seconds ago so it literally took me 24 hours or more to understand a joke I think that explains what kind of person I am

what kind of bagel can fly? a plain bagel

btw sorry this chap sucks

»

Luke's dinner that night was interrupted by his phone ringing. Looking at he caller ID, he winced. It was his mum.

Since he moved out, his relationship with his mother had been a bit rocky and he was so scared that she hated him. After the party incident and his second time being arrested and her having to come pick him up, she'd lost hope for him. It depressed him that even his own mother had no faith in him.

When he dropped out of college, he'd just assumed that she'd given up on him completely. So he cut off all contact with her and his brothers. Liz had been trying to call her son for months now, having him moved out almost a year ago. He always ignored it because of the fear that she was done with him forever was eating away at him.

But this time, he decided to answer. "Hello," he mumbled into the receiver. It was quiet for a moment, and he thought she'd hung up on him.

"You answered!" she cried from the other end and he found a tiny smile creeping onto his face. "Oh, my baby boy, I'm so glad you've picked up. I want you to come down for the barbecue."

His eyes widened as he remembered that she always invited all family members, all neighbors, and all friends to the Hemmings' family barbecue. "I forgot all about that," he said honestly. "I'd love to come."

Luke was ecstatic that his mum still wanted to see him after so long. He'd be able to see his brothers, his mum, his dog. It would be a jolly good time. "That's great!" Liz smiled and Luke smiled as well. "So, what's new?"

"Well," he shuffled to the sink with his plate as he spoke nervously, holding the phone with his shoulder and cheek, "I have a girlfriend." It was quiet for a second and he swore he could hear a sniffle. "Mum?"

Liz laughed. "I just can't believe how grown up you are. Living on your own, your own job, an actual girlfriend," she relished in the fact that all of her sons were just so big. "Oh! Why don't you invite your girlfriend to come to the barbecue?" He cringed at the thought of his mum grilling Emma like her mum did him.

"You're gonna' embarrass me," he groaned just as Calum walked into the room. Luke put the phone in speakerphone and Calum watched in confusion. "How about I just bring Cal? You've already met him and he knows all my embarrassing stories."

His mum laughed loudly on the other end and he chuckled. "No, I want to meet this girl this weekend, you hear me?" she asked sternly and he groaned again, just because she was being annoying. "Luke Robert, answer me or I'll call Ashton and ask for the address of your flat and I'll come for you, boy-"

"Mum!" he yelled, and by now him and Cal were in hysterics. "Fine, whatever. I'll bring Cal and Emma, happy?"

Liz grinned from the other end. "Yes! I get to see your girlfriend and then my favorite son," she said and Calum's face lit up. Luke slapped him.

The two boys started repeatedly slapping each other. "We all know that's Ben," Luke replied, and she started denying it, but he knew she was lying for the sake of him. He rolled his eyes. "Okay, I have to call her and ask if she can come. Love you." His mother's smile was evident in her voice as she echoed the little words. They hung up.

Calum started to rub his title as the favorite son in Luke's face just as Michael came through the door. He looked absolutely exhausted after a long day of work at the pet store. It was all he could find and, god, he needed to exercise.

"Whose favorite son are you?" Mikey asked, stepping into the kitchen.

Luke rolled his eyes and dialed Em's number as Calum explained that Liz loved him better than Luke. It rang twice before she answered and he smiled just a little (okay a lot). "Hey, mum. I ran out of toothpaste," she said on the other end and his eyebrows knit together, his smile changing to confusion. "Oh, and I need more apple juice, I drank it all."

He made his voice really deep as he spoke, trying not to laugh. "Okay, sweetie," he said and she squeaked.

"Oh god, I thought it said Mum because I told her to call me," Emma gushed, and he could just imagine her cheeks all rosy. Luke was whipped. "Jesus, okay. What do you want?" Michael and Calum figured out who he was talking to and started making faces at him, teasing him for being such a female about it.

Luke snorted, pushing Michael's face away by literally palming his face and shoving. He turned away from them. "I was wondering," he started, and then Calum started moaning behind him. Michael started yelling, 'yeah, Cal, right there!' before they both started laughing until their sides hurt. Luke managed to somehow keep a straight face, but couldn't do it as he started laughing too. "I was wondering if you'd like to go to my mum's annual barbecue with me this weekend."

On the other end, Luke could hear some shuffling. "If it's okay with my mum, then of course," she said and he felt his insides turn happily, going into his bedroom. Her voice got quiet. "I didn't know you were talking to your mum again." He did tell her he hadn't spoken to her for a while.

"Uh, yeah, she called me today and I answered for some reason," he said, and started picking up clothes that were on the floor and putting them in a basket. "I don't even know if I'm ready to see her again, so I'm glad you're coming with me."

Em cooed on the other end. "You're so cute, oh my gosh," she stated, and he felt heat creeping up his neck.

Luke put his phone on speakerphone, putting it on his messy dresser. "Am I not allowed to be sweet to my girlfriend?" he asked, and she went quiet for a while. "You okay?"

As he made his bed, he waited for a reply, but she was silent. "It's just Nicole is still really pissed at me, and I feel really bad," she said and he shook his head. "I want to apologize, but-"

"Let her simmer for a while and if she's still mad at you after the barbecue, then talk to her. I don't want you to be upset for the weekend."

She scoffed but he could hear the amusement in her voice as she laughed and said, "Yeah, okay, Lukey," then shut up real fast as she let the nickname slip. "Did I say Lukey? I meant spooky, because I'm watching a scary movie right now. Whoops!" He licked his lips and laughed when she struggled to find words to cover up her slip up.

"Whatever you say, Emmy," Luke chuckled before looking around his room for his favorite boxers. Then he realized he was wearing them. Oh. "I'll pick you up on Friday night so we can drive overnight and arrive early morning. She lives pretty far." Emma agreed and they said goodbye.

As he walked out into the living room, Cal had heard his entire conversation. "You're so in love with her." Luke thought about his words for a bit.

Let's just say Luke had a harder time denying it than agreeing to it.