epilogue

"Make it go faster!"

Emma couldn't stop laughing, nudging him with her elbow. "I can't make it go faster, Luke, it takes, like, fifteen minutes," she said, but couldn't help but feel annoyed that the stupid thing was taking so long. "I'm nervous."

Luke wrapped his arms around her from behind, pressing kisses to her neck and jawline. "I am too, but everything will be okay," he whispered and she turned in his arms. He pressed his lips to hers and raked his hands up her arms, squeezing them reassuringly. They pulled away from each other and he smiled, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "So you peed on this stick and it'll tell you if you're pregnant or not?"

"I think so," she frowned, staring at the stupid pregnancy test, "and it's too slow."

Luke took her hands and sat them down on the floor, her in his arms and her legs kind of around his waist so she could look at him. He put his hands on her knees. "I love you so much," he said and she said the words back, nudging his nose with hers.

"What if I'm not, Luke?" Emma asked, and he shook his head. "I might not be pregnant and we might not have a baby." Luke shook his head again, cupping her face in his hands and she frowned.

"Don't say that," he whispered. "If you're not then we'll just try again and again until we have a baby, Em. And hey, if you're not then we can get married, yeah?" Emma laughed quietly and they sat for a few minutes, just waiting. She bit at her nails and he watched her nervous habit.

Ten minutes later, she looked at him and he nodded. "I don't want to look," she said and Luke stood, nervously picking up the stick and squinting at it. He then looked at the box of tests they'd bought and then back at the actual thing. Emma watched from the floor, and stopped chewing her nails when he looked at her blankly. "It's negative, isn't it? I knew it. It's- It's okay, we can try again. We have the rest of our lives, Luke! I don't need a baby right now-"

"Emma," he cut her off, throwing the test onto the counter, falling to his knees beside her. "We're having a baby."

Everything in the world just stopped and she looked at him with awe in her eyes, and she didn't believe him. "Are you- I can't-" Em couldn't speak because she was in disbelief, and her heart was pounding. A smile broke out on her face and then Luke smiled, too, because oh my god this was actually happening. She let out a squeal and pressed her lips to his in the spur of the moment as they stood up. "Luke!"

"Emma!" he laughed and they both started giggling like crazy because the first time they try, they get pregnant. "I love you, and I'm going to love this baby even more."

»

"I actually hate you."

It was six months later and Emma was very obviously pregnant, her stomach large and her ankles swollen and the raging look on her face as she stared at Luke in complete anger, and he was looking right back at her. She was currently angry because he ate her last pickle when he knew she wanted it.

Luke huffed, crossing his arms over his chest. "Well, I hate you more," he snapped, and they needed sleep. Em stared at him before she stood up and waddled into the bedroom. He groaned and rubbed his hands across his face before following after her.

She was sitting on the bed with her back to the door and Luke circled around to see her with her hands over her face and he sat in front of her, taking her wrists in his hands and moving them away. Her face was red because she was crying, and he frowned, wiping away the tears. "I just don't understand what I did to you," she wailed and he shook his head.

"No, baby girl, I love you so much," he said and she looked up at him before crying even harder. "What, what?"

Emma wiped her eyes with the back of her hands, before they found her stomach and cradled it protectively (it was a habit she'd grown used to). "I don't deserve you," she cried and he wanted to laugh because her mood swings were kind of adorable but he knew that'd make things worse.