xxxviii.

"I...didn't bring a lunch...because I didn't think...that I would be here...for lunch."

Jungkook was the first to react. He opened his lunch bag and pulled out an apple. Then he threw it to Jimin, who caught it reflexively, almost accidentally. "I hate fruit anyway," he said, pursing his lips slightly.

"But you always eat it in cla-" J-Hope started to say, but Jungkook elbowed him sharply. J-Hope bent over in pain before sending Jungkook a nasty look, but the maknae ignored him.

Jimin smiled sadly and held he apple out to Jungkook. "Here. I don't want to steal your apple-"

"Didn't I just say that I hated fruit?" Jungkook huffed. "I don't want the damn apple! And if you don't take it, I'm going to throw it away."

Jimin paled slightly, as he hated the idea of waste. "Well...are you sure...?"

Jungkook crossed his arms. "I. Don't. Want. The. Apple."

"Okay..."

J-Hope, shooting Jungkook a look, quickly peeked inside his own lunch bag. "Oh, wow!" he exclaimed, overacting as the extra little self he was. "My mom packed two sandwiches! What the heck! Hey, can anyone help me out and take one off my hands? I just don't know what I'll do with two of them!"

Everyone stayed silent before Jin smiled, raising his hand. "I'll take your sand-"

Everybody minus Yoongi (who was asleep or in a state of meditation) and Jimin glared at Jin.

He slowly lowered his hand. "Oh...nevermind...I don't want the sandwich..."

J-Hope stared at everyone before looking at Jimin last and sighing dramatically. "Oh, no. I have an extra sandwich and nobody else wants it. Jimin? Can you please take it?"

Jimin shrugged apprehensively. "I...guess..."

J-Hope brightened up. "Thank you, Jimin, good buddy of mine!" He tossed the sandwich to Jimin, who looked confused.

Namjoon caught on quicker than Jimin. "Hey, you know what goes really well with a sandwich? Goldfish. Oh! I have some! Here, Jimin, try these." He quickly added a bag of Goldfish to the small pile of food accumulating in front of Jimin.

"Oh jeez, I only took two bites and now I'm full. Jimin, finish this for me," Tae complained.

Jin sniffled. "You...can have my cupcake."

Jimin looked scared. "N-no, it's okay, you can keep it."

"Thank you," Jin said, enormously relieved.

Then Jungkook glared at him. The kid almost commits suicide and you can't give up a cupcake? Seriously?

Jin's lower lip jutted out like he was trying not to cry. "On second thought, I'm not hungry..." He slid the cupcake to Jimin.

Yoongi remained asleep but presumedly had good intentions.

Jimin just stared at all the food with wide eyes before trying to meet the eyes of his friends, but they all began eating vigorously, avoiding looking at him and giving him the opportunity to protest or give the food back.

Tae, however, paused from eating to give Jimin a small smile. "Now that you have a lunch, you've got to stick around, okay? I'll bring you a lunch everyday, so you have to be here to eat it. Okay?"

Jimin hesitated before nodding and smiling back timidly, like he wasn't sure how to work his facial muscles when they weren't being forced. "Okay..."

Tae smiled at Jimin, but inside, he was still worried.