I Hate Being Grounded

It doesn't really make a difference whether or not I'm grounded, but it still sucks. The only difference is that I cant leave my room. The door knob burns the I touch it, just like the window did a few nights ago.

If I want to eat or go to the bathroom I have to ask my dad permission. If he's not around, then I use my mind to tell him.

He took my laptop away. That's the only thing I have, other than my masks.

I got out of bed and picked up a white, plastic mask. It hasn't been touched, till now.

I placed it on my desk then walked back to my closet to get my paint from the shelf on the top of my closet.

I walked back to the mask and started working on it. I painted it with a peach color first. It covered the whole thing. I painted the lips a pale pink, and I made the cheeks look a little blush. The last thing I did was the eyes. There was a hole, but what I did was paint eyelashes on the edges and above that, I added 'eye shadow.' I added eyebrows too.

Finally it was complete.

It almost looked like a human female face. The only thing missing was the eyes.

I placed it on my shelf with the others. I have about eight total. Two are thread and four are plastic. it takes forever to make threads ones. They are only for the eyes, because I don't have any.

I walked back to my bed, and I heard my door open. The moment I heard the door, I knew it was my dad, because he's the only one that can open it. When I ask permission to leave he has to open the door.

"Raven, do you know why you're grounded?"

"Sneaking out."

"Yes, and have you learned your lesson?"

"Yeah dad, I shouldn't sneak out."

"Why?"

"Because, your parents need to know where you are."

"Why?"

"To know that they are safe." I said that last part, sounding angry.

"Good. Will you ever do it again?"

"No."

"Okay, then. You're ungrounded." He said, crossing his arms.

"Really?"

"Yes, and I have realized something."

"What?"

He paused for a second. "I understand why you snuck out, and..."

"And what?" I said, having hope for freedom.

"And I'm going to...allow you...to leave the stone walls."

"Really?" Joy filled me.

"Yes, but under one condition."

"What?" I really don't care what the condition is, I get to leave.

"Do not expose yourself and stay in the shadows."

"Yes! Thank you dad!" I hugged him. He patted one hand on my back and continued to speak.

"One more thing."

"Yes?"

"You can stay out no later than mid night, and you cannot leave no earlier than eight in the morning."

"Thank you so much, dad." I hugged him tighter.

"No problem." he said, patting my head. He's not a hugger. I looked behind him where a clock was and looked at the time.