Prom Night

It's 7:30. I'm not wearing the dress before I leave, because I'll get caught. I went down stairs and flew out toward the town Cole lived in.  I technically live there too, but not where all of the buildings are. I'm in the woods.

I found the high school. It's the only high school in this city, so that made it easy. I snuck in in the back, while everyone else stood out side, waiting for the doors to be open in the front. I found the bathroom and changed into the dress. As soon as I did, I heard other voices entering the building.  I walked out of the stall and when I looked out, there were a lot  of teenagers.

It is amazing. I finally get to see people my age.

After a while, I saw a familiar face. It was Cole. I only knew, because he took a bunch of selfies on instagram.

He has black hair with blonde highlights. His hair is long, but not too long. He's wearing a tux. Bowtie and all.

He saw me and waved. He probably knew it was me, because of my instagram picture.

"Hey, you Raven?"

"Yep. You Cole?"

"In the flesh. Nice mask."

"Thanks," I said, a little less enthusiastically.

"Come on, lets go." He took my hand, and led me in the gym. It is amazing. There were lights every where. A DJ was at one side of the gym, playing songs. Across from him are snacks and drinks.

He lightly pulled me to the snack table.

"Want some punch?"

"Yes."

"Alright," he grabbed two cups and poured punch in them. "Here you go."

"Thanks."

He took a drink, but how am I suppose to, with out getting caught? I can't lift up my skin and drink.

Instead, I looked away, and gulped it all down.

"Fast drinker."

I started to blush, then a slow song came on.

"You want to dance?" he asked.

"I don't know how."

"I'll tech you." He took my hand, and lead me to the dance floor. The first few tries, I kept messing up, but after a while, I started to get the hang of it. I feel happy. I'm having fun for once.

After a while we went out side, and walked around for a little bit. I started to shiver when the wind started to blow.

"Here," Cole said. He pulled off his jacket and wrapped it around me.

"Thanks."

We continued to walk, and had a good time.

"So let me get this straight. You've never seen another person, besides me in your life."

"Well, I've seen other people, but you're the first I know and I'm not counting my family."

"Wow, your dad must be really protective." He said, smiling.

"You have no idea." I smiled back.

We stopped walking once Cole said the next thing.

"Hey, um, Raven. I had a great time with you tonight."

"Yeah, so did I." I have no idea what time it is, but the way he's talking I think the prom is almost over.

He touched my arm, which gave me shivers down my spine. He brushed my hair from my face, and looked directly at me.

He started to lean in, as did I. As soon as we connected, everything disappeared. It's just me and Cole. It felt amazing. This is the most freedom I've ever felt.

I felt his hand go down my face, and to my neck. He started to, gently, rub his hand up and down, like he was looking for something.

He separated, then looked at me.

"It's real."

Then, I immediately filled with fear. I turned, and ran away.

I was exposed. Tears feel down my face. Now, the one and only friend I had, probably thinks I'm a monster.

"Raven, wait!"

I dropped his jacket on the ground and just ran. When I was in the woods, I ran as fast as I could. That's fast. When I made it to the mansion, I flew to my room, and lied on my bed and cried.

I then heard my door open.

"Raven?"

I looked up and saw Ben.

"Hey, Ben." I said, wiping the tears off my face and grabbed a pillow.

"Are you okay?" he said, closing the door and sitting down at the end of the bed.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Rave. C'mon. No lies."

"You know that prom I went to tonight?"

"Yeah, and by the way, that dress is hot."

I smiled, then faded back to a frown as I continued.

"Well, someone found out this isn't a mask, and now he probably never wants to see me again."

"What? What'd you do when he found out."

"I ran. I didn't know what to do."

"Well, that's a good start. Your dad would've wanted you to kill him. I'm not going to make you do something you don't want to do."

"Thanks, Ben."

"No problem." he then grew a grin. I smiled. "There's that pretty smile."

I looked away, then looked back.

"You're not a monster if that's what you're thinking."

I was thinking that. Who would want to see a no face freak like me.

"Why say that?"

"Just because you look a little different, doesn't mean you are. Raven you are beautiful. Don't let one human put you down."

"Ben, you really know how to bring a person up."

He smiled. "Yeah, I know a few things. Come here." He held out one arm. I gave him a little hug then whispered.

"Please don't tell dad."

"I won't."

Now, I'm relieved. I looked at my clock in my room.

12:00.

"Prom's over."

"Good. I don't think this guy deserves a night at the prom if he makes you feel bad." He then got up. " Speaking of, how did he find out?"

"I'd rather not talk about it."

"Alright, well, goodnight."

"Night."

He then walked out of the room and shut the door on his way out. I lied back down, and realized I'm still in my dress. I better change, before dad finds out. I got back up and changed into my pajamas.

I opened my laptop and went on instagram.

I new message from direct message. I clicked it, and looked at it.

Cole.

I looked to see what he had to say.

Raven? Why'd you leave?

I ignored it, and closed my laptop. I lied in bed, and went to sleep.

I didn't dream that night. I just slept in complete darkness.