0.2 Painful Thinking

Theo had kissed Liam. He kissed him as if it was a thing they did every day. Quick and simple, he didn't even seem fazed by what he did. He just walked off and got in his truck. Leaving Liam shocked and carefully touching his lips.

They tingled with the feeling of Theo's lips. They were so soft and plump. The busted lip he suffered previously was completely healed but he left behind a copper like taste. Liam wasn't mad at him, far from it actually. For some reason he wanted a better kiss, a longer kiss, but he couldn't figure out why.

Liam forced himself to shake off what just happened. He needed to focus, not think about Theo kissing him. He ran after Scott and got on the bike.

"Deaton texted me, he said he might have found a way to kill the Anuk-ite." Liam nodded and took the extra helmet. He wanted to tell Scott what happened between him and Theo but he knew it was best saved for a time when they weren't under constant attack.

When they got to the animal clinic they both knew something was off. The lights were off and Deaton's car was nowhere to be seen.

"Something's not right." Scott tried getting the scent of his boss but he found nothing.

"I'll check inside." Liam ran off before Scott could stop him. He checked the front door, finding it to be unlocked. He walked in carefully, keeping all his senses on high alert.

He checked the waiting room, the dog and cat kennels, and then the back room. He was about to check the back door when he caught a scent. He turned to follow it when something hit him over the head. It was hard enough to knock him out. The last thing he heard was Scott calling his name.

~*~

When Liam came to he didn't recognize his surroundings. His head throbbed where he had been hit. Whoever did it, had one hell of an aim.

"He's awake." The voice was familiar but Liam had a hard time concentrating.

"We need you to do something for us Liam." It was a different voice, but now he could see the faces. The faces of Gabe and Nolan.

"We need you to roar Liam." Nolan held up a control box. Liam knew what it was when the room came into focus.

They had him tied to a chain link fence, and on either side of him were jumper cables linked to the fence. He didn't have to think hard to figure out what came next.

"Why?" He knew Scott would be looking for him, if he roared it would bring him here and they'd be ready for him. This way he'd at least have a chance of coming in unannounced.

"Because we're gonna kill you, and we need you to let your alpha know just how painful it is." Nolan looked scared and unwilling, Gabe looked psychotic.

"Do what you want, I'll never roar." He braced himself for the shock. He held in his yells, he didn't want to give them the satisfaction. Nolan kept turning up the voltage, never once giving him a break.

"C'mon Liam! Just roar and we'll end this!" Gabe yelled. Liam gritted his teeth and forced himself to stay quiet. If he died he knew it would hurt the pack but they would still be able to fight. If he roared he could distract Scott when he needed to focus.

"Let's just kill him. It'll still weaken Scott and the pack." Gabe grabbed a gun and pointed it at Liam's head. Liam was weak and tired, he slumped accepting what was gonna happen.

"Goodbye Liam." Gabe smirked sadistically. Liam squeezed his eyes shut, waiting for Gabe to pull the trigger. He heard the gun go off but the bullet hit the ceiling.

"I wouldn't." Liam opened his eyes to see Theo holding Gabe's hand up.

Theo tossed Gabe against a wall to the left side of him. Gabe's head slammed back into the concrete wall we a loud crack, knocking him out. Theo turned to Nolan, grabbing him before he could run. Giving him the same treatment as Gabe.

Once both the teen hunters were knocked out he turned and freed Liam. Theo caught Liam as he fell forward, supporting his weight as he moved him to sit down away from the fence.

"Are you ok?" Theo looked over Liam, trying to find any injuries on the beta.

"I'm fine! Where's Scott?" Liam asked breathlessly. Theo couldn't help himself. If he had arrived just a few more seconds later he would have witnessed a bullet going through Liam's head. He didn't think of anything else other than Liam being alive. Theo leaned forward and kissed Liam, bringing his hand up to cup Liam's cheek. Liam didn't pull back but he also wasn't kissing back.

Liam was stunned. He had wanted a longer and better kiss but now he didn't know what to do. He was over thinking it again. Theo pulled back and looked at Liam. Something in his eyes had Liam wondering if this was the same Theo Kira had put in the ground. Was he even the same Theo he let out?