.10 Love And War

The war had started. The McCall pack was nowhere near prepared. Everyone was scattered and unconnected. Malia, Isaac, and Scott were with Deucalion learning to fight blind. Mason and Corey were on the streets, heading to the hospital, unprotected. Lydia and Peter we're in search of Scott and Malia. Liam was on his own waiting. Theo was stopped at the edge of town, debating on weather or not to leave.

The hunters fired first, hitting whoever was in the way. Deucalion went down, suffering wounds he couldn't heal from. Malia, Scott, Peter, Lydia, and Isaac ducked for cover. They waited for a chance to fight but it wasn't coming. The hunters wanted them dead and weren't going to stop till the pack was erased. Scott wasn't sure he'd make it out of this alive but he would make sure his friends and family did.

Scott looked back to see his friends were hiding in corners, barely escaping the rain of fire. The hunters spotted him, they had their orders to kill the Alpha. They aimed for him and started unloading their clips into the stone pillar he was hiding behind. None of them had a chance to move and take a hunter down. They were trapped, or so they thought.

Stiles drove as fast as he could, following Derek who was tracking Scott. When they neared the shipyard they saw hunters. A dozen or more shooting at their friends. Stiles pressed the gas hard and took out a hunter that was about to turn his gun on Scott. "You didn't think you're doing this without me, did you?" Derek stepped to the jeep. "Without us?"

The pack fought and was able to force the hunter to retreat but it wasn't for long. When everyone cleared out Scott went to Deucalion, trying to help him, but he knew there was nothing left to do. He grabbed Scott's hand, and with difficulty said, "Gerard. What he fears most.. He can't beat you. And he knows it." Deucalion gave him a smile before his hand dropped and his breath ceased. He was gone and Scott couldn't save him.

"It's really started, hasn't it?" Malia's voice was laced with fear and worry. "What's started?" Stiles asked hating being out of the loop on everything. He was pack, they should have told him. "It's an all out war." Scott turned to see Derek. He rushed forward and hugged him. Over the years Derek has become a big brother, a father like figure to Scott. He was always there when he needed him, and it meant more to him then he'd ever admit to, that Derek came back. Derek hugged him back. He had grown fond of the Alpha, he would even go as far to say he loved Scott and accepted him as family. Derek explained why he was there and to Scott that meant a lot. He tried to think of something to say but the static of the Stiles' police radio caught their attention.

"Blood and destruction. Dreadful objects so familiar. All pity choked with the custom of fell deeds. Caesar's spirit was ranging for revenge. With Ate by his side come hot from hell. Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice." It was Gerard, his voice cut off by static. "Do you know the rest Scott?" He knew they were listening. He was playing with like he always does. Derek nodded to Scott. Scott held the mic to him and pressed the talk button. "Cry, 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war." "War indeed." He was taunting them.

Gerard went on to tell them about Jackson, who had come to Beacon Hills. He gave proof that he was there. They all could hear the electric shock delivered to Jackson, and his pained yells. Gerard told him where they could get him, knowing Scott would go for him. He continued to tell Scott where Parrish, Mason, Corey, Liam, and his dad were. They all spread out and Scott couldn't get to them all.

"We need help, we need someone to get to the others." Scott was starting to panic. He knew he should have kept the pack together. "I'll tell my dad about Parrish and your dad, he can help him. Get someone to get Liam, Mason, and Corey." Stiles stepped aside and started to call his dad. "I'll call Theo, he didn't mention him so maybe he can get to Liam." Scott pulled his phone out and dialed the chimera. At some point during this war he had come to trust the boy. Maybe not enough to let him in to the pack but enough to know he'll save Liam.