.23 True Alpha

Theo was the first to move, rushing to Liam's side and trying to wake the beta. He had no clue how Liam got out and he didn't really care. They could worry about that after they made sure he was ok. The pack was too shocked to move. Liam climbed out of hell, something they thought was impossible, and now had the eyes of an alpha.

Theo lifted Liam's head and placed it in his lap. He tried shaking the beta and tapping his face but Liam wasn't responding. 

"We need to get him to Deaton. Now." Scott stepped forward to lift Liam but Theo stopped him. 

"I'll carry him." Theo stood and lifted Liam bridal style, carrying the unconscious beta to his truck. With Mason's help, Theo placed Liam in the back seat. Everyone got in their cars and followed Derek out of the clearing and through the woods. Once on the main road Theo took point and sped to the clinic. He needed to make sure Liam was ok, he needed to know that it really was Liam.

Deaton ran a full examination. He drew blood, he checked Liam's vitals, he even went as far as giving Liam a full body X-ray. Everything seemed normal. The only thing off about Liam was his change in eye color. 

"Are you sure his eyes were red?" Deaton asked for the eighth time. 

"Yes, unless we all imagined the same thing. Liam has alpha eyes." Lydia was growing tired of this. 

"The only way we will know what happened is if Liam tells us. We just have to wait till he wakes up." Deaton stated. 

Theo didn't leave Liam's side. He wanted to be the first person Liam saw when he opened his eyes. Derek had called Ewan and let him know that Liam was out of hell. He had asked the alpha to bring Hayden to the clinic, Scott decided that her faith will rest with Liam. He was the one that suffered because of her decisions, he should be allowed to say whether she gets to go free or if they turn her over to the Rose Pack for punishment.

By the time Hayden had got there the pack began to worry Liam wouldn't wake up. He had been unresponsive for too long. Deaton wanted to take Liam to the hospital to get a PET scan and maybe even a MRI or CT scan. Deaton had called Melissa at the hospital and told her what had been going on. He asked her if there was anyway they could get a scan of his brain without the hospital knowing. She promised to call him as soon as there was an opening but the MRI machine was booked solid all day.

Scott had suggested trying to go into his mind and bring him out that way but Deaton turned down the idea. It could cause more damage to Liam's brain. Theo was just worried that whatever was keeping Liam from waking up had to do with his sister. He knew what she did to him, and why she did it. He didn't know what she would do to Liam. How would she torture him when he did nothing to wrong her?

It was near two in the afternoon when Liam showed signs of waking up. The beta let out a soft groan, head turning away from the light streaming in through the windows. Theo moved closer to him, placing a hand on his shoulder when he moved to roll over. The pack piled into the room one by one, all watching with bated breath. When Liam's eyes finally opened they darted around quickly before landing on Theo. The teen gave a small smile before letting his eyes close again. 

"W-where am I?" Liam's voice was rough, his throat dry and scratchy. 

"You're at the animal clinic. Liam, do you remember anything from before you passed out?" Deaton spoke with a soft voice.

"Not really," Liam coughed, "Can I have some water?" Mason rushed out of the room, muttering a quick, "Yeah." Theo helped Liam sit up, moving him slowly to keep him from passing out again. Mason came back in and handed the paper cup to Theo. The chimera helped Liam drink the water, careful to not spill any on him.