.17 Promises

Hayden rushed towards Lydia, claws ready to rip at whatever part she could reach. Lydia screamed, forcing the teen backwards. Liam shifted fully, roaring loudly as he rushed Hayden. He dodged her left hook and managed to claw at her back. Malia got her in the stomach with a roundhouse kick. Hayden growled as she was knocked onto her back. She jumped to her feet and rushed Liam again, claws missing his face by centimeters. 

Malia grabbed Hayden by her outstretched arm, using Hayden's weight against her, she flipped her. Pinning her down she looked to Liam. Liam raised his fist, and with one final growl, he knocked Hayden out cold. 

"What the fuck is going on? Did Hayden kill her sister?" Liam walked over to Lydia. "I don't know. Parrish said that the police report said that Deputy Clark went missing after she answered a noise complaint call. Hayden had been at school with multiple teachers and students confirming her whereabouts." Malia lifted Hayden and dropped her on the couch. "I'm gonna call Mason and Corey, we need a way to hold her till we can get to the bottom of this." Liam pulled out his phone and dialed his friend's number. Malia took the time to call Scott and tell him what happened. 

Within thirty minutes the entire pack was there. Including Theo who was just getting home from shopping when Stiles picked him up. He rushed to Liam's side and looked him over for any sign of injury. When he found none he started asking questions no one had answers for.

"What are we gonna do with her?" The pack gathered around the table in the loft, all glancing at Hayden who was chained up to a chair. "I have Parrish checking all traffic cams from here to her home to see where she's been. My dad is gonna pull her phone records and credit card history. I'm hoping to piece something together." Scott didn't like that his pack was under attack again.

"What about her memories Scott? It would be faster and a lot more accurate." Theo suggested. "If we can't get anything on her, or figure out what she wants. I'll do it." Scott was tired of playing nice. They just survived a war. His pack deserved a break, they deserved to have a life without worry. "Theo, you and Liam check her car. See if there's anything in there that can give us a clue as to what she's doing here. Or where she's been" Theo and Liam nodded and left the loft.

"You check the car, I wanna check on something else. I have a hunch and if I'm right Scott needs to know." Liam kissed Theo and ran off, not giving the chimera a chance to object. Theo glared but did as Scott wanted. He walked down to the parking lot and searched for Hayden's car. He found it near the exit. Without checking if the doors were unlocked Theo used his elbow to break the window. He reached in to find the door was unlocked. "Oops." He pulled open the door and started to search the car.

Liam got in Theo's truck and drove to the spot only he knew the location of. He had done this so no other pack member could dig up what he buried. He had done everything he possibly could to hide his scent and make sure no one could find it. He hadn't been here since he buried the metal box.

He parked the truck, locking it as he got out. He tried his best to retrace his steps to the tree he had marked. It took him three tries but he finally found the right tree. It took one glance to figure out that the box was gone. Liam growled and ran back to the truck. He drove as fast as he could. He was right and he didn't like it one bit.

"Hayden, what happened to your sister?" Scott was trying to talk to her, trying to figure out what was going on. Hayden refused to speak. She only stared at the clock that was mounted on the wall. Scott was growing tired. He was starting to consider doing as Theo suggested. He had to know if Hayden was a serious threat, he had to know if she killed her sister. He needed to know who she had hurt, who she became after leaving. 

"Scott, Parrish called." Lydia tapped Scott lightly on the shoulder, leading him away from the chained beta. "What did he say?" Scott listened as Lydia relayed Parrish's information. "It seems Hayden came straight here on the high way. She only made one stop and that was near a resort not too far from here. She stayed a total of twenty minutes before getting back on the road." Lydia looked up the resort to find that it was a camping lodge just inside the city limits. 

"Before she came here she had a simple life. School and work, it doesn't look like she was up to much until her sister went missing. Then she went of the radar for a bit, resurfacing just days ago. No one knows where she's been, not until she showed up at Liam's." Lydia looked to the girl, knowing she could hear them. "Let's take a walk Scott." Scott agreed and let Lydia lead him out of the building.

"I think she's here for Theo." Lydia had been feeling weird since Hayden came back. It was like her powers were trying to predict something but nothing was set yet. "If she was really looking for Liam, why wait at his house? Why not knock and ask where he was? Why not call?" Scott thought about it, it could be true. "Why was she so pissed that we trusted Theo. She knew everything he did to redeem himself. She was there when we ruled to let him go. It shouldn't have been a surprise that he was pack." 

Scott didn't like it but Lydia was the smartest of all of them. She could be on to something. "Then we need to figure out what she wants with Theo." Scott and Lydia walked back in to the loft. They gathered around the table to talk to the pack. Lydia wrote out what they thought was Hayden's end game on a paper. Passing it around as Scott spoke about a fake plan to get Hayden to talk. Once the paper had made it's rounds the pack separated. 

"She has the sword!" Liam burst into the loft, catching everyone's attention. Hayden was awake and staring at him wide eyed. "How do you know?" Stiles questioned, stepping up to block Hayden from Liam's line of view. Stiles didn't need Liam's anger to get the best of him. "I buried the pieces after the wild hunt, after Theo saved me. I didn't tell anyone. I went to check on it." Liam was trying to calm down. "After last night, her reaction to Theo, and what she pulled today I had a hunch. I was hoping I was wrong but I'm guessing I hit the nail on the head." He could feel his claws itching to come out, his fangs were slowly growing. "There's nothing but an empty hole. No one knew where it was. Even I haven't been back there since burying it."

Scott grabbed Hayden's chair and turned her to face him. "Where is it Hayden?" Hayden didn't answer, only smirked. "Where's Theo?" Liam looked around, not finding his boyfriend among his pack. "We thought he was with you..." Lydia answered. "No. I told him to check Hayden's car while I went to check the sword..." Liam barely finished his sentence before rushing out of the loft to the parking lot.

Liam ran straight for Hayden's car, followed closely by Scott and Isaac. He found the car door open, papers scattered around, and blood on the floor. There was a sign of a struggle and from the scents he picked up, it was a three against one fight. There was no sign of Theo. "Someone took him!" Liam could feel his heart trying to beat out of his chest. His mind racing with every possible out come. Most of them ended with losing Theo. He knew Hayden was up to something but he never thought she'd go this far. "We'll get him back Liam." Scott put his hand on his beta's shoulder. Trying to reassure him. "I swear to god Scott. If she hurt him..." Liam turned, eyes dangerously flashing to gold. "I'll kill her myself.