.22 Take It

Liam thought it was over, he thought he saved Theo. He watched with a smile as Tara went into the hole and the ground started to close. He didn't even have time to fight back when her hand clamped around his wrist. She had a vice like grip as she tugged him forward and into the ground. He watched in horror as the ground closed and sealed him in. He knew there was no way out. Derek broke the sword. He was trapped in hell.

~*~

Liam woke to a whispered echo. It was muffled by the small, enclosed space he was in. He turned onto his stomach and army crawled to the metal door. He pushed it to find it wouldn't give. He started to hit it, opened handed, hoping to break it open. His hand was bleeding and most likely broken by the time it popped open.

Liam crawled out to find he was in a body locker in the morgue. The room was lit by a single exam light, that had a greenish tint to it. It cast weird shadows around the room making it feel like Liam wasn't alone. It made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. The beta carefully made his way to the doors, listening for any sign of someone else.

He peeked out into the hall, looking left then right before stepping into the hall. The voice he heard earlier was echoing down the hall, now he could make out what it was saying. "Theo." It was a taunting echo, calling for Theo. Liam followed it down the hall.

He took the elevator up to the first floor of the hospital. The voice was louder here. It was accompanied by the sound of foot falls. Someone was running. Liam ran towards the sound, rounding the corner to see Theo struggling to open the front doors. He looked terrified, checking over his shoulder for whoever called his name.

Liam took a step towards him. Pausing when he saw Tara appear behind Theo. She called his name making the chimera turn to face her. He opened his mouth to speak but the sound turned to a choking sound. Liam ran over to him. He reached him just in time to see Tara rip Theo's heart from his chest. She held it in her bloody hand, watching as it beat for a second longer. Theo slumped to the floor, a pained look on his face. His eyes locked on to his sister's face.

"Theo!" Liam shouted as he woke up in the body locker again. He didn't waste time slamming his hand into the door. This time he used all his strength to punch it. He had to get Theo. He had to protect him. He couldn't let Tara do this to him, not this Theo.

Liam ran out of the morgue and headed straight for the elevator. He jammed his finger into the button. When the elevator opened to the lobby Liam ran for Theo. He reached him just in time to block him from Tara. "No! I won't let you!" Liam shoved her, sending her flying down the hall. He roared and charged at her. Just as he reached her she had disappeared.

Liam spun around looking for her, he looked everywhere but he couldn't see her. "Where is she?" Liam looked to Theo. Theo was facing away from him, standing rigid. "Theo?" Liam took a step towards his boyfriend. The chimera slumped to the floor, his chest had a gaping hole where his heart should have been. Tara was standing over him, Theo's still beating heart clutched in her hand.

Liam had no time to react before he is waking up in the body locker again. Liam now understood the look of pure fear in Theo's eyes every time Liam had threatened to put him back in the ground. If this is what Theo went through all those weeks, Liam didn't blame him for wanting the sword to be destroyed. This was more than hell, it was pure torture.

Liam could hear the muffled sounds of Theo running and the taunting echo of Tara's voice. The only thing on the wolf's mind as he broke free of the locker was keeping her away from Theo. He'd do whatever it took to keep Theo from being hurt further. He had been through enough, he didn't deserve this. Not anymore, not this Theo.

Liam ran through the halls, chasing after Tara and Theo. Each time he was too late. Tara always got to Theo first. Liam had to of ran through the halls a hundred times. He was never fast enough. The image of Theo's pained face was burned into his memory. Liam couldn't take it anymore. He was tired of seeing Theo die, tired of seeing him in pain. He had had enough.