0.8 Placebo Effect

Liam and Theo did their best to look normal, Theo forced himself to calm down. The last thing either of them needed was Scott and Malia to find out about what they did. By the time the alpha entered the room, Theo was far away from Liam looking bored, and Liam was failing to look unsuspicious. Theo rolled his eyes and walked to the freezer, bumping Liam lightly with his shoulder.

"You're not gonna like this Scott." He warned before opening the freezer and showing the two what was hidden inside. Malia closed the lid, not wanting to see them anymore. "It's a bad day for finding bodies." Theo gave a tiny shrug in agreement with Malia. Liam spoke up. "There's gonna be a lot more if we don't find Aaron's other half." Theo spoke after him. "Which we know nothing about."

Scott, ever the optimistic, pointed out the one thing they do know. "We know it's a werewolf." Theo and Liam seemed to be speaking from one mind, finishing each other's thoughts. "We need to find this other werewolf right now." "Preferably before they merge." Malia questioned what would happen if the two halves merged. "I don't know, but I got a feeling that it's not going to be good." Scott said what they all have been thinking since finding out about the anuk-ite. "Any chance you put together that army, Scott?" Theo and Liam both knew the answer but hoped he would prove it wrong. "You're looking at it."

A fifth voice spoke up, pulling all their attention to the door, where Peter Hale stood. "Let's hope this thing doesn't feed off of desperation, because this room reeks of it." Peter stood there looking as if he just escaped a fire. Half his face was black with soot and smoke and he smelled like burning flesh and hair, and something else the pack couldn't place. "What happened?" Scott asked. "The hunters destroyed my perfect automobile." He held up a burnt steering wheel to emphasize his words. "So if this thing had anything to do with it, I'd like to see its demise is appropriately painful." Theo knew he was lying about something but whatever it was he couldn't tell. "There's going to be hell to pay." They all knew it but Peter was the only one to voice it.

Scott told them all to meet him back at his house. He wanted them to get some sleep before they went hunting the anuk-ite. "I can give you a ride back or did you wanna run?" Theo asked as Malia, Scott, and Peter walked away. "I did enough running today." Theo smiled at Liam and led him to his truck. They kept an eye out for any chance of hunters attacking. Thankfully they made it there without incident.

Neither of them spoke as Theo drove. He purposefully took the long way in hopes of talking with Liam. The closer they got to Scott's the more Theo thought Liam was gonna ignore what happened and chalk it up to heat of the moment again. "Are we gonna talk about what happened back there?" Theo gave him a sideways glance before looking back to the road. "What's there to talk about? We know who half the anuk-ite is.." Theo cut him off. "Not what I meant Liam. I meant the kiss." Liam looked down at his hands. He knew that's what Theo meant, but he wasn't ready to talk about it. He wanted the kiss, hell he wanted to kiss Theo again, but he just couldn't figure out why.

Why does he want to kiss Theo? He's spent most of the time he's known Theo not trusting him. He should hate Theo for everything he did. For Hayden, for Corey, Mason, and Scott. He should have put him back in the hole when he realized he was of no use other than information. But something stopped him. Something in Theo's eyes when he looked at the sword kept him from sending him back. Then Theo sacrificed himself to save Liam and something changed in the way Liam looked at Theo.

"What do you want me to say? I told you to kiss me and you did." Liam tried to sound nonchalant but he sounded more angry. Theo turned onto Scott's Street and pulled over. "Did you want me to kiss you, or did you say it cause I wanted it?" Theo turned to face Liam, turning his truck off. "I told you I don't kiss people unless I want to." Theo tapped Liam's shoulder lightly trying to get the beta to look at him. "Is that all you wanted or did you want more?" Theo needed to know where he stood with Liam.