0.4 Mixed Feelings

Liam was gonna apologize for slapping Theo but instead he yelled at him to stop. "Stop doing what?" Theo looked at him like he lost his mind. "Stop... Stop kissing... Stop kissing me." Liam started off yelling but could only get the words out if he whispered. 

"We should get you out of here before dumber and dumbest wake up." Theo moved to help Liam up but Liam moved away from him. 

"I'm fine, I can stand on my own." The beta batted his hands away and stood up on his own. Liam was mentally kicking himself for lashing out at Theo, but he didn't know how else to respond. As far as he knew he was straight and very much in love with a girl. A girl who left him, but he was still in love with her. He shouldn't be kissing Theo, or more he shouldn't be letting Theo kiss him. Except he wanted to kiss Theo, and he wanted Theo to keep kissing him.

Theo stepped back and let Liam stand on his own. "We should head to the hospital, everyone else should be there." Liam didn't respond; he just followed Theo out of the building. He was trying so hard to think straight and, well, be straight. "I had to take Scott's bike, he was in no condition to drive it. I hope you don't mind riding on the back." Liam normally didn't mind, he'd done it plenty of times with Scott. But Scott hadn't kissed him two different times. 

"Sure. Whatever." The beta grumbled. 

Once they were both on the bike Theo took off, Liam hugged his waist, keeping as much distance between him and Theo as he could. Theo didn't bother with stopping unless he had to. He knew the pack could be in danger and Liam would never forgive him if something happened to his friends. Life was much easier when he didn't care so much.

They arrived at the hospital to find the parking lot packed with hunters. They were standing outside, all armed and ready for a fight. Theo passed the hospital and parked down the street. The two boys crept up as close as they could. 

"We need to get inside." Liam said what they were both thinking. 

"How do you suggest we do that smart one. Every entrance is covered." Theo knew that Liam had this information as well but he felt the need to bite back. Try and convince Liam the kisses were nothing, imaginary if possible.

"That exit doesn't have an alarm, and it's only covered by one hunter. We could distract him and run in." Theo had a bad feeling about the plan. 

"I don't think we should try getting in at all Liam. It could be a trap. We don't even know if the pack is here." Theo didn't like the gut feeling he had. Something was telling him to leave and for once it wasn't a selfish need, it was a need to protect the beta next to him.

"Let's go to the library where Corey and Mason were. If the pack is in there that means they're unprotected." Theo suggested hoping Liam would agree. As much as Liam hated it, he knew Theo had a point. He couldn't leave Mason unprotected. With one last glance at the hospital he reluctantly agreed and followed Theo back to the bike. 

"If something happened to the pack you'd know Liam. " Theo tried to reassure him. 

"I should never have left Scott. I should have waited and we could have checked the clinic together." Liam wasn't speaking Theo this time, he mostly just scolding himself out loud. 

Theo stepped in front of Liam causing him to stop walking and look at the chimera. "This is not your fault Liam. You were just doing what you thought was best. You tried to help." Liam pushed passed him and kept walking to the bike. He didn't need Theo telling him what is and isn't his fault. He knows full well that he wouldn't have been taken and he'd be in there with the pack if he would have just waited with Scott.

"I'll stay and keep an eye out, you go to Mason and Corey." Theo held out the keys and helmet. 

"If the pack is in there with this many hunters we should stick together," Liam said. Theo wanted to ease Liam's anxiety but he had nothing else to offer at the moment.