7

Ruby.

"So where have you been hiding?" Lottie smirked as she sipped her tea

"So where have you been hiding?" Lottie smirked as she sipped her tea. One of the many advantages of working for Selfridges was the staff discount and the fact I was awarded free afternoon tea with up to three people. They treat me well.

I had a short day today, 7-1:30pm. I had asked Lottie to meet me after my shift for a long awaited catch up.

"Oh, you know.." I smile not giving anything away. She knew about Harry, I had given her brief run downs when I could. When I was actually at my own home.

"No, I don't which is why I asked. Mr Styles seemed to have kept you holed up for god knows how many weeks."

Five.

I roll my eyes. Five weeks felt like five months. "He's not held me captive, don't be stupid."

She laughed. "Felt like it,"

"We've just been getting to know one another, that fun stage." I pick up a finger sandwich.

"Label?"

I shake my head. "None yet. I think he knows I'm quite hesitant, and I am."

"About what?"

"All my relationships turn to shit, and now I'm happy I don't want it to start going weird and messing up."

"But it's going to without labels. He isn't George. George never wanted labels because he was a dick, and because he wanted to keep all options open. He isn't like that, clearly."

She was right but I couldn't help holding back.

"I'm just appreciating each day, there's no point complicating everything yet."

Lottie gave me a look but I didn't meet her eyes.

"He's a genuine, nice, humble man. And if we get serious then great, if not.."

Lottie raised her eyebrow. "If not.."

I slump. "I haven't thought that far ahead yet."

"I'm just glad you're happy. And I'm glad he doesn't mess you around. Sounds like he knows what he wants."

I smile. "Thanks, he's nice and I'm happy, I can't really ask for more."

After our lunch date I drove over to Harry's. Tonight he was playing his album to a small venue just to test the waters, see the audience reaction. He had asked me to be there, he wanted me to go. I wasn't really sure whether to go but with the look on his face when I asked if I really should go I couldn't say no.

"I'll put you to the side, with Lou. She'll look after you, you'll get along." He promised. "Just please, please say you'll go? I really want you there," He kissed along my jaw until I agreed, a smirk on his face getting his own way.