14

Ruby.

"Oh, it's you

"Oh, it's you." I answer the door to Aston who's looking a little worn out. Good. So he should.

"Oh. Ruby." I could tell he thought for a second I was Tilly.

When we have our hair down with no make-up on we're completely identical. That obviously sounds stupid to say because we're identical twins, but we have always had our own style in which you'd be able to tell us apart. I've always liked to have my hair down, kind of use it as a shield to hide from people. Tilly's always preferred to have her tide back and out of her face, she's always pulled off messy buns better than me.

"What do you want?" I rest my hip against the door.

"Is Matilda there?"

"What is it to you?"

"Come on, Ruby." He sighs.

I raise my eyebrow. "What? I'm supposed to let you swan in here after what you did?"

He looks away. "I just need to speak with her,"

"You don't need to, you want to. You want to fill her with bullshit so she can take you back,"

"I made a mistake,"

I scoff.

"You have every right to hate me, but I can't just never speak to her again. I need to talk it through with her."

I stare him down for a few seconds. "You get fifteen minutes." I announce. "That's it,"

He nods walking in as I widen the door.

"She's in her room," I announce.

I walk into the kitchen and make myself a tea, I didn't particularly want to be upstairs when they started arguing.

"Hey baby," I smile when I accept Harry's facetime call and see him pop up

"Hey you,"

"I'm so excited for you to come home tomorrow,"

He smiles showing me his nearly packed case. "Just a few more bits to throw in,"

"Look at you, neatly packing your clothes." I laugh. "I'm impressed."

"Years of practice," He shrugs, smile on his face. "What are you up to?"

I shake my head sipping my tea. "Nothing, Aston's over sorting things out with Tilly." I had filled him in on their situation briefly the other night.

"Oh, is she okay?"

"There's no screaming so I guess so." I joke.

"I can't wait to be in my own bed," He yawns flopping back on to the hotel bed. "And to have you in my bed,"

"I just can't wait to be able to hold your hand."

"I'll be in London this week, then I was thinking to go up to mums at the weekend? Then you can come with me, you're not working this weekend are you?"

I shake my head no.

"Then next week I'll start the Dunkirk promo."

I nod. "Sounds good, do you think they'll like me?"

"Of course they will baby,"

I smile. "I hope so,"

When Aston came back downstairs Tilly didn't follow behind. I had been off the Facetime call for around fifteen minutes by now and catching up on a couple emails. I had completely forgotten about the fifteen minute rule I'd given him.

Aston looked in to me before slowly opening the door and leaving. I give it a minute before heading up to Tilly.

I quietly knock on her door, not waiting for an answer when I walk in. She was sat on her bed staring down at her phone, it wasn't on or anything she was just staring at the blank screen.

I sit beside her and wrap an arm around her, not saying anything. Tilly is always better at comforting people, I always get awkward and say the wrong things.

"It's definitely over," She sniffles.

I sit, still silent.

"He.. he doesn't feel how he used to, and he said he loves me but not enough."

"Why didn't he tell you this before?"

She shrugs. "He said he's started to develop feelings for the girl he cheated on me with,"

I wipe her tear that had slipped out. "Men are trash,"

"We've been through so much, so fucking much."

"What did you say to him?" I ask.

"I told him this is the biggest mistake he'll ever make but if he'd rather go after some girl he's known five minutes over the girl he's practically grown up with.. its on him. But when he's forty and alone, he'll regret ever letting me go."

I smile. "Exactly,"

"I just need to take some time to heal,"

"Of course, that's a given."

"How did you get over George?"

I roll my eyes. "I didn't need to get over him, seeing how things are with Harry don't even compare to him. George was just.. he was a toxic person I thought I needed. I was a convenience to him, it wasn't love, it wasn't a relationship, we were nothing."

"It's funny." Tilly wipes her eyes on her sleeve. "I've always been the loved up twin, now it's you."

"It's life, one door closes and another opens."

"Thank you for being there for me,"

I kiss her hair. "Of course."

"When is Harry back?"

I hesitate to divulge.

"Ruby it's fine, I want to know everything about you two. Don't let my shitty love life stop you."

"He's back tomorrow afternoon, we're going to his mum's at the weekend."

Tilly raises her eyebrow. "Wow, does Lottie know?"

I nod. "We spoke a couple nights ago on Facetime, she's been too busy with work to meet for lunch or anything.  She couldn't be happier, it's cute."

"Are you nervous?"

I nod. "A little, he loves his family so much. I don't want to mess anything up."

"Ruby you're like the perfect daughter in law. There's no way you can be disliked by his family."

I sigh. "We'll see."

I hug her again before leaving her to be, I know she wanted some space - I could sense it.

Smiling down at my lockscreen of Harry and I, I felt the excitement bubble up in my stomach at the thought of seeing him tomorrow.