13

Ruby.

"

"..This is a silver sterling moonstone pendant by Astley Clarke. Priced at one hundred and twenty five pounds which I personally think is a great price for such a stunning necklace." I smile.

The woman smiles. "I like it, it's really nice. I'm just looking for something pretty to wear day to day."

"I think this is perfect for that, this stone is compatible with so many outfits."

"I agree," She nods.

I wait patiently as she thinks it over. She's quite pretty, I'd say early 40's. Her hair a dark brown in a sleek pony tail.

"I'll take it." She nods. "I don't care, my husband is away for business, he doesn't have to know." She winks.

I laugh as I find the necklace in our cabinet before boxing it up and placing it in a bag.

"Here you are," I smile handing it to her as she takes out a credit card. I wondered if it was her husbands card.

"Thank you, you've been brilliant." The lady smiles. "My daughter told me about you, she said you're apparently dating some boyband lad and that you work here,"

I force a smile. "Thanks for shopping with us,"

She picks up her bag. "Thank you."

"Hey you," Harry's smile was wide the second I accept his Facetime

"Hey," I try my utmost best to appear cheerful, but the woman's comment today had gotten to me in a weird way. Every so often I'd think about it. You're apparently dating some boyband lad. Is that what I'm known as now?

"What's wrong?" He pouts.

"Nothing, long day." I shake off.

"Of course, sorry. It's.. half ten at night right?"

I nod with a yawn. "I did a eight 'til seven shift."

"That's tough,"

"How's your day going?"

"It's been quite boring, woke up, had breakfast. Now I'm just sat waiting for my rehearsal spot. Filming some stuff later on too."

"I've been watching on Youtube, you look really good in your suits."

"You can't get full shows?" He pouts again.

I shake my head.

"I'll send you a link, I know my mum uses one that's really good."

"Thank you baby,"

"What's the matter Ruby, I know something's up."

I sigh, I didn't want something so small to be brought up.

"Some customer today, it's nothing. Honest."

"It is if your face is as sad as it is right now,"

"I'm not sad, just.. tired and it's been on my mind."

"Talk to me, I'm here."

I close my eyes. "She said her daughter told her to come to me, that I'm some boyband lad's girlfriend and that I work there."

He frowns. "How did her daughter know you worked there?"

I shrug.

"Babe, fans shouldn't know where you work. Have you had any other problems?"

I shake my head. "Not at work, I mean I haven't been followed or anything but someone somewhere must have seen me in there or something,"

Harry sighs. "I'm not happy that fans know you work there,"

I swallow. "What do you want me to do?"

He shakes his head. "Nothing, it's fine just be careful okay? If fans start coming in or anything-"

"I've already discussed it with management, it's fine. Promise."

"Okay, I'm sorry."

I frown. "Why? You have nothing to be sorry for."

"But i feel responsible,"

"Hey," I get his attention. "Stop, it's fine. I'm fine."

He nods. "I miss you,"

"I miss you too."

It was really weird not having him around, not being able to text him and get a fairly instant reply. It felt weird going back to my mum and dad's house instead of his and making us both dinner. It's weird that in such a short space of time we had a routine.

"When I'm back, I'll be quickly getting into Dunkirk promo. But I want you to come with me to my mum's. And I'd love to meet your family."

I nod. "We can arrange it all when you're home,"

"And there's the Dunkirk premiere.. I know it's a while away but I'd love for you to be my date to it. If you want to that is.."

A movie premier? Me?

"Course baby, if you want me there I'll be there."

He smiles. "I can hear them calling me but I'll speak to you tomorrow, okay? Sleep well babe."

"Night, speak tomorrow."

We end the call and I sigh happily as I lay back in bed. It felt weird not to have him with me, but it wouldn't be too long until we'd be wrapped up in each other again.