18

Ruby.

"Ruby, this is Jack from bags department. Head office think he'll work well in watches, so he'll be working under your lead for the next few weeks on probation." Bradley informs me.

I smile with a nod. "Great, okay.. I'll show you around?"

Jack was a little taller than me, he seemed a little shy but I'm guessing anyone would be being transferred to a different department they didn't know

"So how long have you been with Selfridges?" I ask.

"Just over a year, I've only ever worked in bags, suitcases mainly."

I nod. "Cool. Right, let me talk you through the watches and what not."

Jack seemed quite funny, we worked side by side the whole day. He was charming with customers and managed to sell ten watches by his break.

"So," Jack started as he leaned against the counter, I was tying a gift box up setting it up ready for a pick up later.

"Yes?"

"Harry Styles. What's he like?"

I roll my eyes. "Why?"

"Just trying to get to know my new colleague."

"Well, asking personal questions is not necessary."

"What do you not consider personal then?"

I shrug. "Favourite food, song.. general questions."

"But that's boring,"

"And hearing about my boyfriend isn't?"

He smirks. "Touchy,"

"I'm not touchy, just.. it's my life."

"Right, sorry."

I look at him, I felt bad for being so sharp with him. "No, I'm sorry. I just.. with him being who he is there's a lot of people trying to find out every little detail about us and I find it a little difficult."

"You're right, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so.. intrusive."

"But he's a lovely man." I smile. "A very lovely man,"

Jack nods.

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

"That's a little personal." He smirks making me roll my eyes. "I'm joking," He laughs. "I broke up with my girlfriend, well ex, a couple of weeks ago actually."

"Oh, sorry."

He shakes his head. "It's fine, she's moved abroad. We couldn't make it work, it just kind of.. fizzled out."

I nod. "I get it,"

When I got to Harry's I smiled at him as he spoke on the phone. "Yeah, Ruby's just arrived here so I'll speak with her and talk to you in the morning, okay?" He waits for the answer before saying; "Great, bye."

"You okay?" I smile kissing him.

"Yes baby, good day?"

I nod. "There's a new guy, he's on watches so I'm now his leader as well. Spent the day just showing him the ropes."

"Is he nice?"

I shrug. "A bit cocky, but he sold a lot of watches today. He knows how to sell."

Harry kisses me again. "I just got off the phone with Jeff,"

"Right." I had a feeling he had something to tell me.

"I've got to fly out to New York tomorrow for two days,"

I pout. "I'm off tomorrow." I was hoping we could do something together.

"Come with me?"

"I'm working Saturday." I shake my head.

This time Harry pouts.

"I'm only off tomorrow and Sunday,"

"Well it's only two days. I just have a couple of things to run through with tour and Jeff's office is there so it's best I'm there in person,"

I smile holding his waist and kissing him. "I understand,"

"I'm back Sunday evening,"

"We can go for dinner? I'm working eleven until seven next week so I can have a little lie-in."

He kisses me. "Deal, sorry I've thrown this on you,"

I shake my head. "It's something you need to do, there'll be more days off for us to do stuff."

"Speaking of doing stuff." Harry smirks. "I believe I haven't seen my girlfriend in one whole day." He kisses my jaw, then my neck. "And I believe," he lifts me so my legs wrap around his waist. "That we have some lost time to make up for."

I laugh kissing him. "I believe we do, mr."

I sigh watching Harry make sure he had everything. He was only going for seventy two hours but I'd still miss him. "Got everything?" I ask sipping my tea.

"No, you're not in my bag."

"Wouldn't fit," I joke.

He leans down and kisses me. "I'm sorry I sprung this on you,"

"Don't apologise, it's work, it's kind of like if work called me in to work all weekend," I smile. "I love you,"

"I love you too."

I hear his phone ring and he quickly silences it. "My cars here,"

I nod standing and kissing him. "Let me know when you're at the airport, when you land, when you're at your hotel."

He smiles. "When I pee? When I eat?"

I roll my eyes. "You know I'll worry."

"I know." He kisses me. "I'm not making fun, I like it, my ball and chain."

I laugh. "Don't get cheeky."

He smiles kissing me again. "I must go, but.." He puts his hand in his pocket and takes out a R keyring with a key and black fob attached. "These are yours,"

I frown. "What?"

"This is for my door, and this is for the gate. When I'm not here, feel free to stay here still."

"Really?"

He smiled. "Really. I know we haven't been together on paper for a long time, but I feel it's only right, I like you here. And.. I've emptied the bedside on your side of the bed, and I've made some room in my wardrobe for you, you can like.. leave things here whenever you want."

"You haven't," I gasp.

"I have," He laughs.

"Thank you," I smile at the keyring. "You're the sweetest," I kiss him.

When his phone rings again I pull away.

"I've really got to go, I love you."

I follow him to the door. "I love you too, be safe."

"See you sunday," He smiles kissing me one last time.

"See you sunday."