Chapter Eight: A long Five minutes

[Tardis]

The Doctor was alone in the control room, working on the console when Amy walked in.

Leaned on the railings. "So, where too next?"

The Doctor continued tinkering. "Don't know. I was thinking of letting Emily choose this time. Where is she?"

"She's in her room, she said her head hurt."

He shot up. "Her head hurt? Is she okay?"

Amy laughed. "Yeah, relax. It's just a little headache and she's already taken a quick nap."

"Oh, okay." The Doctor got back to work, slightly embarrassed about his overreaction.

"Can we go to a planet?" She said suddenly. "We haven't been to a planet."

The Doctor thought it over. He really wanted to ask Emily where she wanted to go.

Why?

The Doctor sprung to his feet, trying to get rid of his train of thought. "Go get your sister. There's somewhere I've been meaning to go."

[Field]

A man in a uniform is standing in the middle of a field, with a smudge of lipstick on his face. He appears to be rather dizzy. A man in evening dress walks up to him.

"It's a beautiful day." He tells the man, blissfully.

The man in evening dress wipes the lipstick off the other man's mouth with the corner of his handkerchief.

[Corridor]

"Hallucinogenic lipstick. She's here."

A woman strides along in a evening dress and ridiculously high heels. She shoots out a door lock with a small pistol and enters a small strong room. She then converts the pistol into an acetylene torch and cuts into the surface of a box.

[Museum]

12,000 years later. The Doctor is commenting on the labelling of the various exhibits.

"Wrong. Wrong. Bit right, mostly wrong. I love museums." He exclaimed.

"Yeah, great. Can we go to a planet now? Big space ship? Churchill's bunker? You promised us a planet next."

"He did?" Emily asked. She still hadn't fully recovered from the torture of the Star Wale.

"Amy, this isn't any old asteroid. It's the Delerium Archive, the final resting place of the headless monks. The biggest museum ever." He said proudly.

"That is fairly cool." Emily agrees. The Doctor grins at her.

Amy was less impressed. "You've got a time machine. What do you need museums for?"

"Wrong. Very wrong." The Doctor ignored her. "Ooo, one of mine. Also one of mine."

"Oh, I see Amy. It's how he keeps score." Emily teased.

The Doctor became very taken by a square box in a case.

"Oh great." Amy complained. "An old box."

"It's from one of the old starliners. A Home Box." He said

Emily peered over his shoulder, her breath warm on his neck. He involuntary shuddered. "What's a Home Box?" She asked, not noticing.

"Like a black box on a plane, except it homes." He explained, clearing his throat. "Anything happens to the ship, the Home Box flies home with all the flight data."