Hogwarts 7

I hurriedly grabbed my trunk after helping Hermione and Ginny with theirs. I raced to get of the train, I hated not being able to move freely.
I followed them over to the carriages pulled by those Skelton horses. Thestrals I think they're called but then a tall man with a bushy beard Called me " firs' years come te me. Mr Jackson?"
I walked away without saying goodbye after all - according to Harry- they don't know me. I had to look straight up to look him in the eye. I'm about 6'2" this guy is atleast 7'. He is a giant of a man but way too small to be an actual giant. I would know after the war with Gaea.
"Sir, I'm Percy Jackson" he looked at me with recognition. After he collected all the first years he led us towards the lake. He put me in a boat with the more nervous first years but I calmed them down and reassured them the boat won't tip or anything. I felt a presence in the water so I reached out to it.
Hello

Milord! I'm Pig the giant squid

It's nice to meet you pig

It's a honour to meet you milord.

I must go now but I'll come visit you.

Please do!
By then we had reached the underground docks in the small cliff the castle stood on. Hagrid was leading them and I pulled up the back making sure we didn't loose anyone. We ended up in a well lit corridor and was greeted by a lady with a tight wrinkled face that matched her tight bun on top of her head.
"First years, I'm professor McGoniggal When it's time, I will lead you into the great hall and when I call you name, sit on the stall and you will be sorted." She turned to leave but I stopped her.
"Professor? I'm the exchange student. Am I staying with the first years."
"Yes Mr Jackson. You'll be sorted last."
With that she swept out the room into the great hall.

About 10 minutes later she came and got us. I walked up behind the 1st years and stood tall, towering over the 11 year olds. In front of the head masters chair was a thee legged stool and a pointed hat. In professor M's hand, was a long scroll. She introduced the hat as the 'sorting hat' and then it started to sing. Okay if talks.

After it's little sing song, professor M starts calling out names.
"Ace Archer" when a small boy with swept blond heard his name, he awkwardly made his way to the stool. Once seated, the hat placed on his head. The rim seemed to be moving like he was muttering words then finally
"HUFFLEPUFF" it called out. Each of the 4 tables clapped but one louder than the others. The boy made his way to the 2nd table in from the right.
The whole sorting carried on that way. Some people took longer than other people. Then finally the head master stood up.
"I would like to welcome the first years!" There was a round of clapping while I still stood there, standing out without the stupid robes on.
"This year, we will be having an exchange student with us. He will be with the students repeating there 7th year" there were some confused glances at me.
"He must still be sorted, but I must warn you, do not challenge him and do not anger him, you and I will both loose." Great. No I'm feared. I don't know if that's good or bad. Professor M called me over to the stool and I took a seat. Straight away I heard a voice in my head.
"Hmmm. A demigod. I haven't had one of you since Malfoy joined.... but where to put you?" If was silent for a moment.
"I'm sorry I am uncertain, I'm going to have to look deeper into your memories" he won't like what he sees.
My life literally started to flash through my eyes. Before even the battle of Manhattan he was screaming.
"NO! SO MUCH LOSS!"  It screamed out. I'm pretty sure everyone could hear. Then we moved on to my months with amnesia running from the Gorgons. "WHAT! HOW DID YOU LOOSE EVEYTHING" I watched myself free Thanatos with Frank and Hazel. The little slide show moved onto Running from the Romans with the seven. Watching Annabeth leaving for her quest and then the ledge into Tartarus. "NO! YOU GOT IT BACK ONLY TO END UP THERE. PLEASE TELL ME YOU DIDNT!" I did not want to rewatch all this. I have PTSD because of Tartarus. It's gotten better but loosing Annabeth brings back the memories. The last thing I saw was Annabeth and I falling together and her whispering in my ear. I don't know what she said. Then suddenly it all stopped. I'm glad I didn't have to see the final battle with the giants and Gaea again. The hat had literally run away from me and was sobbing in Professor M's arms.
I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts. That was unfair. I have tried so hard to leave those memories behind only to get them ripped up and thrown in front of me. The hall was in silence, trying to work out what happened. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I prepared to flip them, but then I realised it was Professor Dumbledore. His eyes were filled with sympathy and worry. He turned to the hat.
"Where do you sort him?" He asked politely. I waited. I didn't say anything not trusting my voice.
"I don't know. He is so brave, he led many quests, HE COMMANDED ARMIES IN TWO WARS" he sobbed loud enough for everyone to hear. Dumbledore went to announce Gryffindor but the hat continued. "You should see his WISDOM IN BATTLE." This confused both me and Dumbledore. Two houses Gryffindor and raven claw? But it still hadn't finished. "HE FIGHTS MALICIOUSLY, HE IS CUNNING AND UNPREDICTABLE"  3 houses? Slytherin? The hall was still silent. This time in confusion and awe. I'm guessing they heard the 2 wars and stuff.
"He is so loyal. More so than anyone I've come across. It's a dangerous fatal flaw. He stayed on the underdogs side out of loyalty! HE FELL INTO TARTARUS OUT OF LOYALTY"  at that Dumbledore stumbles back and looked at me in awe. I just nodded my head weakly. He turned to the hall.
"It seems Mr Jackson can not be sorted. He is equally brave, Wise, loyal and cunning. For now he will remain unsorted. As you see, the DADA teacher chair is empty, That's because Mr Jackson is going to be a student teacher" I had to but I'm there.
"Wait I am? I was told I'll be helping out not teaching a whole class!" It's not like I haven't tort sword fighting and stuff before but seriously? In a school where I have to plan lessons.
"I'm sorry Mr Jackson, I do not have time to teach a whole class so that spot has been left to you." I nodded my head in understanding. I'm guessing this is the first time there's been a student teacher because I'm pretty sure every student - and teacher- gasped. Only Dumbledore, the order; harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny know who I am. The rest of the students and the teachers have no clue. There probably thinking about my experience and stuff. Even then, Dumbledore knew of my quests but didn't know what I had to do to achieve my goals. He knew I retrieved the master bolt but didn't know how. I faced him and lowered my voice so only he could hear.
"I was meant to wait until Friday but everyone's heard enough. I'll introduce my self formally tomorrow at dinner. Am I okay to tell them why I am here: help in the upcoming war? Or would you rather wait to tell them?" He pondered that for a moment.
"I'll talk to you after the feast. We've kept them waiting long enough. Take the seat at the teachers table." Before I could protest, he turned to our audience. " you will get your timetables tomorrow. Let the feast commence!" Then he turned to sit down.
I looked at my food but was unable to eat it. I couldn't burn it without being suspicious so I sent a silent prayer to every Olympian, Hades, Hestia and Hecate, hoping it would suffice. Then I started to eat. After about an hour, Dumbledore stood up again.
"I would like to remind everyone that the forest is forbidden. Aswell as the west wing tower. Remember do not anger Mr Jackson. Lessons start tomorrow. Goodnight." Then
He stood and walked out a door behind him. I followed him hoping to talk to him. He stopped once he turned the corner and spoke.
"Percy, I have been told about your quests but not in detail." He started.
"Professor, I have had to explain who I am so many times in the past week. Could you possibly hold out until tomorrow night? You can hear the stories with everyone else." He nodded sympathetically.
"Has the hat ever done that before? Jump off someone or been unable to sort them?" I asked curious. He just shook his head grimly.
"Percy, you are going to stay in the west wing. I told the students to stay away because it'll be equip with weapons and a training ground for you." I nodded pleased. Usually I would run but I don't think I could run peacefully here.
"Thankyou Professor. Where would my classroom be?" I asked. He told me i could use the room of requirement for now. That sounded good to me. Then he let me go to sleep after leading me to my personal tower.