Hogwarts 9

HARRYS POV

Ugh! Jackson just can't seem to do anything wrong! Yeah I know what he says he has done but I haven't seen any proof other than tattoos and scars which could all be fake. Even Dumbledore is afraid of him.
He couldn't be sorted into a house. Apparently he was too good for any of them. I thought Dumbledore was going to teach DADA this year but he gives that seat to him. Why not me! I'm more experienced with magic. Jackson has just had magic thrown at him. I bet he doesn't even know the spell to create a tiny ball of light.
Jackson became professor Slughorns new favourite after he brewed his potions perfectly, without the edited book.
In care of magical creatures, the thestrals, unicorns and Pegasi bowed to him! Why are they bowing to him.
I was thinking all this standing outside the room of requirement is waiting for 'Professor Jackson' to arrive. We had this class with The Slytherins.
Jackson then came out the door and called us all in. The room literally looked like a battle ground.

"Hey guys! I'm teaching this class but you can call me percy" he said warmly. Yeah right. Like there's a thing he could teach me.
"I'm going to be honest with you from the start. I don't like relying on my wand" he started. He got some funny looks for that one. Our wands protect us, if he doesn't trust his wand, he is doomed.
"Can anyone think of any scenarios where you are left without a wand and you need a way to defend your self?" People started to call out ideas like being disarmed or loosing your wand. If I lost my wand, I know to assume I'm dead meet. None the less, he seemed pleased with his opening sentence.
"In this class we will be focusing on more self defence using hand-to-hand combat and weapons" At that everyone got exited. Even I did, i couldn't wait to beet Percy Jackson at his own game.
"Don't get ahead of yourselves. There is no point handing you a weapon if I don't know what to give you or your agility. In today's lesson, we're starting with the basics." He moved around the room sitting on his desk.
"If Someone is quick firing spells at you, and you don't have a wand or you don't have enough time to say a long counter curse, what could you do?" He asked. No one, not even Hermione tried to answer the question. I guess no one thought about it before. Jackson smirked like it was the most obvious thing in the world. After a couple more moments he put as out of our confusion. He muttered something like "this is going to be harder than I thought" and then he spoke up about louder so everyone could hear.
"Okay guys. You all know, spells, hexes and curses all travel in a straight, direct line. They are not going to chase you around the room" he paused, letting out a breath. When he saw everyone still clueless he told us straight up.
"Didn't you think that you could simply move out the way?" It was so obvious now that he said it but it has never accrued to me before.
Jackson got up from his desk and walked behind us to the back of the room. He pointed up to the little boxes, high up on the walls "these are laser shooters. The lasers look like spells, they won't hurt when they hit you and all you need to do is dodge them. Everyone que up at level one. When you complete it, you can move onto the next level." He gave a demonstration on the hardest level. He stood inside the yellow hazard tape box on the floor and pressed the start button. Lasers were shot at his from every direction but disappeared when they got to the edge of the tape. Lasers shot at different speeds, a new laser every half second. Finally, the bots had him surrounded, each aiming to shoot. There was no way he would get out of this. Each bot shot in sync to the box next to it. 11 beans of light flew to hit him straight in the chest all at once. Time seemed to slow but the beams kept coming at him but he wasn't moving. At the very last second, he dropped to the floor and raised back up again effortlessly. "Thats how it's done" he said smuggly. Eager, to best him, I pushed into the front of the que.

By the end of the lesson, everyone was sweating and out of breath. When Jackson dismissed us, we all sighed. Transfiguration wasn't as fun as this, I won't admit that too his face though. As I left the room, I watched him clear up before running to transfiguration, already being late.