Hogwarts 29

Artemis' PoV

No.

No no no no no no.

Not the boy who retrieved the lightning bolt

Not the boy who saved the camp

Not the boy who saved me all those years ago.

Not the boy who blew up Mount St. Helens.

Not the man that saved Olympus.

Twice.

There was no way that the man, who has always done the impossible, had met his limit.

I watched his body crumple to the floor. For a scary second, I was still, waiting for him to get up.

The noise of everyone getting out the lake woke me up.

"Percy!" I ran to him but I didn't know what to do.

"Percy you need to wake up!" My hands shook, hovering over his still body. "Now!" I screamed completely oblivious to the Olympian cancel flashing in.

I slapped Percy hard.
"Wake up!"
I slapped him again.
"Percy don't leave"
I pinched his arm.
I hit his chest.
"Percy don't leave me" I screamed

By now there was a crowd watching their fallen hero. No. He had to still be alive.

I kissed him, hoping he would wake up like a princess in the Disney movie.

The gasps were just faint echoes in my mind.

My heart broke even more when there was no response.

I cried into Percy's chest until I was dragged away kicking and thrashing.

"Sis. I might be able to wake him. He needs to go to Olympus" Apollo whispered to me.

I didn't move my eyes from Percy's face as I spoke in a shaky, unfamiliar voice.
"I'm not leaving him"

In that moment my hunters came running over. Chloe with them.

They all stopped dead in their tracks when they saw my tear stained face and his limp body.

Thalia ran to me with glassy eyes. I'd never seen her shed a tear, but right now they were tumbling down. She hugged me as we both sobbed.

Chloe's lip was trembling looking around for someone to tell her what was going on.

Chloe suddenly surged forward, ignoring Apollo's protests and hugged my Love. Whispering about a promise he didn't keep.

"Artemis!" A voice bellowed. I really didn't want this right now.

The students parted so no one was in between me and the rest of counsel.

I shakily stood up as Apollo flashed percy way. I knew they have just seen me kiss a man. Oh chaos! I kissed percy infront of everyone!

I scanned their faces for reactions.

Their were only 2 that were important.

My father was shocked.
"What is the meaning of this! My daughter kissing my brothers son? Never in history! The women who swore never to touch a man did just that!"

I stayed silent, my head tilted down while I had my eyes closed. This wasn't how they were supposed to find out.

I was supposed to tell percy I loved him and he would have said the same. He would have asked permission for my hand in marriage. Probably complete some impossible task to prove himself to my father. He'd help me lead the hunt. I would make him immortal. I know percy has always wanted kids. We would have lived happily. I know this because I love percy. I love him with all my heart. But he is gone.

The silence was shattered by Poseidon. His face held only anger.
"You killed my son!"

I stood there, not making eye contact.
"He shouldn't have needed all that power! He didn't have that power before you got him angry!"

My blood boiled but I let him shout.

"You stupid little girl! You've never needed saving before! You let percy die! You killed him!"

My head snapped up. I had enough of being shouted at.

"DO YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW THAT!" I shouted back. My stance crumbling.
"I AM GOING TO BLAME MYSELF FOR THE REST OF MY EXISTENCE" I finally made eye contact.
"IF I WAS STRONGER HE WOULD BE ALIVE. IF I HAD BEEN DEFENDING MY BACK I WOULDN'T HAVE NEEDED SAVING!" I lost my breath at my next thought.

"If I didn't love him, he would be alive." With that I flashed away.

——————
This chapter was only so the next one would make sense so it's only short.