Chapter 1 - The Bite

Scott McCall was a very determined young man. There he was, in his bedroom late at night, carefully threading the laces on his lacrosse stick and doing chin-ups, as he had been doing all summer long. 

"This year, I'm making first line", he thought to himself while brushing his teeth. He looked at his reflection, lost in thought, his brown puppy eyes cast down and his bushy black hair messy. The teen was tired of sitting on the bench, listening to Coach yell at the other lacrosse players and blow his whistle every five second. This year he wanted to be on the field.

He was brought out of his reverie by a suspicious noise just outside his window. Scott had lived in the small town of Beacon Hills his entire life, so he knew the place had a long history of animal attacks. He put on a sweater, grabbed a baseball bat and slowly headed outside to investigate the source of the noise.

He hoped it was a raccoon, or a cat. He feared it was a predator of some kind.

As he exited his home, the cold air greeted him. Carefully, he kept on walking on the front porch of his house, baseball bat in hand. As he peered left and right, he heard the suspicious noise again. It was coming... from above him? 

Suddenly a dark silhouette fell before his eyes, hanging upside down from the roof. Before Scott could even swing his bat, the mysterious figure started yelling. Scott, confused, yelled back, until he recognised who exactly was hanging from the roof of his home. It was Stiles, Stiles Stilinski. Who else would possibly sneak up on people like that? Although the spastic buzz-cut boy was one of his best friends, he sometimes had the strangest ideas.

"Stiles, what the hell are you doing?" the bat-wielding teenager yelled, still trying to catch his breath.

"You weren't answering your phone!" Stiles answered, not even bothering to get down from the roof. "And why do you have a bat?"

"I thought you were a predator!"

"A pre- a- what?" Stiles stuttered, his hands gesturing wildly in front of his still upside-down face. "Look Scott, I know it's late, but you gotta hear this. I saw my dad leave twenty minutes ago. Dispatch called, they're bringing in every officer from the Beacon department and even State Police."

"For what?" Scott asked, calming down.

"Two joggers found a body in the woods."

"A dead body?"

"No, a body of water... Yes, dumbass, a dead body," Stiles said, rolling his eyes as he spoke. He clumsily climbed down from the roof, landing in neatly-trimmed bushes, before he joined a growingly confused Scott on the porch.

"You mean like murdered?" Scott inquired, his curiosity getting the better of him.

"Nobody knows yet, just that it was a girl, probably in her late twenties," Stiles explained.

"Hold on, if they found a body, what are they looking for?" Scott wondered out loud, making his friend grin in excitement as he answered. "That's the best part... They only found half! We're going."

"Wait, shouldn't we call Jamie?" Scott did not want to go without their other best friend - he hated for anyone to be left behind.

"Yeah, I did that already..." Stiles said, slowly shaking his head.

"And what did he say?"

"Well he wasn't exactly pleased that I woke him up, as you can guess. He was all grumpy, he said and I quote, 'Only a complete idiot would be up for that, so go find yourself one'."

"...and so, you came to me?" Scott breathed, eyes wide.

Stiles simply nodded, a slightly evil smile plastered on his face, before he started making his way to his beloved Jeep. Scott quickly followed, cursing himself for it.