Chapter 14 - The Bus Attack

"No, I'm telling you, next thing we know he'll be digging holes in his garden!"

"Jamie, he's a werewolf not a weredog!"

Stiles looked about done with his friend. A few days had passed since the Lacrosse game and they stood right in front of the school, waiting to Scott for make an appearance. The two friends were talking in hushed tones -- something that was becoming quite a habit these days -- but there was no doubt someone listening in on them would send them straight to Eichen House. Jamie was about to elaborate on his theory when he saw Scott approaching. He visibly perked up and his face held a mischievous expression.

"Hey Scott! How do you feel about dig-"

Jamie was interrupted by Stiles putting a hand in front of his mouth. The blue eyed teen's eyebrows went up but he frowned when he noticed the pained expression on Scott' face. Stiles had noticed too.

"Hey, buddy, what's wrong?"

"I think I attacked Allison last night."

The trio's mood darkened as soon as the words left Scott's mouth. The boy looked devastated to say the least but his wording somehow did not sit right with Jamie and Stiles.

"What do you mean you 'think' you attacked her?" Jamie asked inquisitively, putting Stiles' hand away.

"I don't know. I just woke up and I was sweating like crazy, I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before," Scott confided. Jamie looked puzzled while Stiles looked sly.

"Really? I have. The dream usually ends a little differently..."

"Oh my God, Stiles!" Jamie exclaimed stepping away from Stiles, "I don't want to know about you in your bed! Now I have images in my head!" the teen shuddered, "That's just too much information..."

"Yes, please never do that again," Scott added.

"Noted."

"Let's get back on track, here," Jamie continued. "Tell me if I got it wrong, but you woke up this morning thinking you attacked Allison? And you're not sure if it actually happened or if it was just a dream?" His friend nodded, so he clapped his hands and resumed talking, "Well that's an easy solve, even Stiles here could get it! Let's go find the girl!"

Stiles looked at Jamie, bewildered. What had he done to deserve that? He just stood there and stared at the rude boy for an explanation. Jamie simply winked at him while Scott was still busy frowning.

"She's not answering my texts."

"It could be a coincidence, okay?" Stiles offered, "And I think I know what's going on, here. You're scared about your date with Allison tomorrow night, you're scared that you're going to lose control and end up brutally murder-"

Jamie got his revenge on Stiles -- it was his turn to prevent his friend from saying something potentially unnerving to Scott. Jamie was shaking his head, mock disappointment on his face while Stiles looked unimpressed. He was glaring at Jamie intently, silently ordering him to put his hand away from his mouth. Of course, Jamie did not comply.

"Scott, relax. Lydia just texted me, she's with Allison right now. Everything is fine!"

Although he was relieved to hear the news, Scott couldn't relax. Stiles, having regained the ability to speak, tried to offer solace to his wolf friend.

"Come on, Scott. It's gonna be fine. Alright? Personally I think you're handling this pretty freaking amazingly." He patted his friend's shoulder while Jamie nodded vigorously. "You know, it's not like there's a 'lycanthropy for beginners' class you can take."