Chapter 22 - Audio, Video, Fiasco

"I swear, this was by far the most awkward dinner ever! Every member of the Argent family is downright terrifying," Scott whined over the phone. "I mean, studying with Allison was great, because, you know, there wasn't much actual studying involved. You were right about that, Stiles--"

"Does he always ramble like that?" Scott heard a feminine voice ask.

"Only when it has to do with Allison," someone answered.

"Wait, am I on speaker?" Scott asked, horrified.

"Yeah, didn't I tell you?" Stiles answered, mischievous as ever. "Lydia and Jamie say 'Hi'."

"Do we, now?" Jamie wondered out loud.

"So, they heard everything?" Scott paled, quickly reviewing what he had shared with Stiles and Stiles only -- or so he thought.

"Yup. Every little detail of your afternoon," Stiles happily announced.

"By the way, did you really have to spend that much time describing Allison's hair? That was boring as hell," Jamie complained.

"Oh, come on, Jamie," Lydia interrupted, and for a second Scott thought she was defending him against her own boyfriend. "It wasn't half as boring as his description of the dinner. You didn't have to say it was awkward twenty times, Scott. We got it the first time."

"Sorry, they need a break," Stiles apologized.

"A break from what?" Scott suddenly asked. When Stiles had called him thirty minutes prior, he had assumed his friend wanted to know how his studying session with Allison had played out, so he had started talking straight away. Now that he thought about it, Stiles did try to interrupt him at some point but he was too engrossed in the telling of his own story to pay attention.

"Well, where do I start?" Lydia answered, faking a deep reflection, "Oh, I know! Maybe with the werewolf almost bleeding to death in Stiles' Jeep? Or with the fact that there's an Alpha in town and he wants you dead?"

Only silence answered her. Scott was too shocked to react. Plus, it was a lot of information to process at once and his brain refused to cooperate.

"You know what, Stiles? Why don't you explain everything to Wolverine here while Lydia and I go..."

"To the video store!" Lydia filled in. Anywhere far enough not to hear Scott ramble was fine by her.

"Okay, okay," Scott sighed. "Wait, did you just call me Wolverine?"

"Lydia's idea, Jamie looked so proud when she said it... The idea is, you're basically Wolverine now, with the healing, the hair, the claws... minus the sketchy science experiment part, of course," Stiles chuckled. He waved his friends goodbye and took on the colossal task of explaining Scott everything.

Jamie led the way to his old Toyota, Lydia falling in step with him. With Stiles, they had reviewed everything they knew about the supernatural so Lydia now knew just as much as them. She had taken the news surprisingly well, not questioning them much. Of course, witnessing Derek's half-transformation and miraculous healing had helped.

"So, are we actually going to the video store or was it just an excuse to get out of there?"

"We're actually going, I wanna watch The Wolf Man," Lydia chuckled. Always the good student, she wanted to do some additional research on lycanthropy and apparently that movie was a classic. According to Stiles, it was surprisingly accurate.

Jamie just smiled in answer, gesturing for her to get in the front seat and driving away from Stiles' home. He groaned when he noticed a grey Porsche on the video store parking lot. Only one person in Beacon Hills drove a car that expensive, and it was none other than Jackson Whittemore. Or rather, in Lydia and Jamie's minds, the last person they wanted to see -- especially after the bowling alley incident.