Chapter 15 - The Cool Kids Table

Lunch time had finally come around at Beacon Hills High School. Scott was still in an almost-depressed state, racking his brain to try and remember what he had done the night before. As usual, Stiles and Jamie were doing their very best to take his mind off the dreadful topic. Needless to say they were failing. The three walked to the cafeteria before sitting at their usual table.

"Dreams aren't memories, Scott. Stop over-analyzing everything, that's mine and Jamie's job!"

"Then it wasn't a dream. Look, obviously something happened on that bus yesterday night and I can't remember what!" Scott's raised his hands in exasperation, mad at himself for even forgetting about the incident in the first place. "I really need to talk to Derek, during the full moon he wasn't changed at all and I was running around in the middle of the night, attacking some completely innocent guy!"

"Come on, Scott, you don't know the guy was innocent," Jamie countered.

"Not helping," Stiles sighed, lightly slapping Jamie on the back of the head. "What this insensitive, mean little guy here meant was, you don't know for a fact that you attacked someone."

"But I don't not know it," he replied. He saw his friends frown in confusion but continued anyway, "I can't take any risk, I have to cancel my date with Allison."

"What? Seriously, Scott?" Stiles almost shouted, completely fed up with his friend's behavior. "When I suggested that last time, you freaking attacked me! And now YOU want to cancel the date?"

"I have to agree with Stiles, here," Jamie added, "Stick with your own decisions a bit, or you're gonna confuse Allison. If you cancel you're just toying with her feelings and we can't have that. So you're not cancelling, okay? You can't just cancel your entire life."

Scott looked at his friends gratefully. At least he had them to keep him on track, to help him stay on top of everything that was happening. He looked down at his hands, nodding. He had made his decision.

"Okay. We'll figure it out then."

"Figure what out?"

A voice made the boys look up. Lydia joined them at the table, taking a seat next to her boyfriend.

"I'll explain later," Jamie answered before pulling her closer and kissing the top of her head. Other students seemed to have followed Lydia at the table and soon the teens found themselves surrounded by friendly faces. Allison joined them as well and sat directly across from Scott, who waved and smiled. Danny sat next to Stiles, ignoring the threatening look Harley was throwing him.

"So I heard about the bus thing. They're saying it was some type of animal attack?" Danny started the conversation.

"Yeah, it was probably a cougar, or a mountain lion maybe..." Harley answered, pushing a strand of jet black hair from her face.

"Honey, a cougar is a mountain lion," Lydia answered sweetly. Harley made a face of realization.

"Do we even know who was attacked?" Danny asked, hoping it wasn't an acquaintance of his.

"Yeah, I just found out actually," Stiles informed them, looking up from his phone before showing them the picture of a man. "Check it out."

The teens all looked at the screen, taking in the features of the man who had been attacked the previous night. He did not seem familiar to any of them but Scott, who paled once he recognized the man.

"I know this guy," he whispered.

"You do?" Allison questioned. Seeing his shocked state, the girl grabbed Scott's hand gently.