Chapter 13 - Game Night

Scott was running through the woods, still fully wolfed out. His feet were hitting the ground rapidly, the teen was enjoying the freedom of his dash between the trees. His mind was unfocused -- he was not in control. He just let himself wander through the forest, until he felt himself drawn to a certain place. It was a large brick house. 

Following his instinct, Scott climbed on the roof of the house, careful not to slip on the tiles. Advancing on all fours, he approached a window. On the other side of that window was a raven-haired girl. She was smiling as she looked at old photographs and pushing a strand of hair back behind her ear. Scott was observing the girl from his spot on the roof, barely resisting the urge to get even closer. The girl had him in a trance, she was the only thing he saw or ever wanted to see.

As if she was feeling a presence outside her window, the girl decided to close her shades. This allowed Scott to see his own reflection -- yellow eyes staring right back at him. The young wolf recoiled in shock, the sudden movement making him fall from the roof. He landed in the grass. His mind was still foggy but he scrambled to his feet nonetheless and ran away. 

Only, his dazed mind had not allowed him to see the car coming his way. He had barely taken two steps that the car crashed into him, the shock sending the teenagers rolling on the ground and completely snapping him out of his daze.

A man came running to check on Scott -- it was Chris Argent, Allison's father. He had been driving home and was certainly not expecting someone to throw himself in front of his car. Although surprised, the man rushed to Scott's side just as his daughter, alerted by the loud noise, was coming down the front stairs.

"Dad? Dad!" Allison ran towards them, "What the hell are you doing?"

"He... He came out of nowhere!" Chris explained, recovering from the incident.

"Are you trying to kill him?" Allison accused while kneeling next to Scott. The boy seemed very interested to hear Chris' answer to that question.

"Of course not! He just ran over the driveway!"

"Sorry it's my fault..." Scott apologized, "Your car..."

Chris shook his head in dismissal, the car was fine. He was more concerned about the teenager he almost ran over. He stayed silent and watched his daughter and the young man interact. He squinted his eyes. Something was going on between these two, they were obviously attracted to each other.

Feeling protective, he decided to keep an eye on them. He would jump at any occasion to monitor the teens. He helped Scott get up, noticing the teen's eyes were still on Allison as he asked, "Are you still coming to the game tonight?"

"Of course I'm coming."

"We both are!" Chris added immediately, trying hard not to be too menacing while Scott tried to look happy about it. 

The teen looked away, intimidated by the man's cold gaze. He was mostly relieved that the hunter hadn't recognized him from the woods and hadn't seen him shifted. That would have been a complete disaster -- for Scott, at least. The three exchanged their goodbyes and Scott walked away.

The bushy-haired teen looked up. The Sun was low in the sky, which meant he had been wandering the woods longer than he thought. He checked his phone and saw that he had at least fifty messages from both Stiles and Jamie. Scott quickly reassured them, sorry that he had worried his friends. He resumed walking, if he hurried he would have just enough time to get his lacrosse equipment before heading to the game. He reached the locker room and was almost done changing when Stiles approached him.

"Are you gonna try to convince me not to play?" Scott asked tiredly while tying his left shoe.

Stiles sighed, "I just hope you know what you're doing."