Chapter Eleven

Monday had come too soon, Cole had decided as he walked through the front doors of Valley Falls. He had a good weekend, spending most of it at work, but spending some more time with Henry and a bit with Sarah Sunday night.

He wished that Monday's were a part of the weekend.

Improvements had been made, he realized when he walked into the senior and junior hallway and immediately, Henry's eyes raised to meet his. Typically, Henry would look away from him quickly as if he didn't recognize him, but this time he dipped his head in a quick nod.

Collier felt his whole face light up with a smile that seemed to surprise Henry for his eyebrows raised and his mouth turned up, his eyes sparkling with amusement.

It was the same look Henry had give him Sunday morning. Collier had been woken up by the the boy standing over him, holding a plate of bacon, eggs, and toast. "You really weren't kidding," Henry said, and it was then that Collier registered he was on the floor along side of the bed.

And then Henry looked at him like that, and Collier's heart leapt in his chest. What a beautiful boy.

That morning, maybe it was just because he had been tired, Henry had been uncharastically sweet to him, giving him his breakfast, talking softly and with patience. He had even driven him to work and kissed him gently before he left the car.

It was romantic, but of course it didn't mean anything. Henry had been sure to say as much multiple times.

Before Collier could go over the the boy down the hall, an elbow was delivered to his side. Jumping a foot in the air, Cole turned and immediately began hitting Ian, who laughed and just ducked away from him.

"Why are you staring at Henry Stone?" Ian asked and Collier felt his face flush. He had yet to tell any of his friends about his kisses shared with Henry, so it would be hard to really explain their relationship to anyone.

Honestly, it was hard to explain to himself.

"Can you really blame me?" Cole asked, and Ian glanced back to Henry for a second and shrugged.

"I guess not, but I never really thought of him that way".

"What way?"

"The way that would have me looking at his as you were just looking at him," Ian said simply, and before Collier could make a fool of himself by stuttering, Ian changed the topic. "So how are you and Sarah doing?"

Over the past weekend, Collier had called Ian to vent about Sarah. It had been when he was still upset with her for sleeping with Emerson, though of course he didn't say this to Ian. What he had said was "Sarah's just not taking our friendship seriously anymore," though he felt foolish about it now.

Sarah had picked him up from work unexpectedly Sunday night with his favorite ice cream Sundae (caramel; and she promised not to be mad if he spilled) and told him everything about her night with Emerson and even apologized for breaking their truce.

"We're good," Cole said, and then quickly asked, "how are you and Ryan?" So they didn't have to talk about Sarah anymore. Collier wasn't really all that great at keeping secrets that weren't his own, and if they stayed on that subject he would most likely blurt out that his best friend was no longer a virgin.

Sarah didn't want to go around telling people. She had made that clear to him the night before.

"Amazing," Ian said, his voice very different than it had been moments ago. When Ian talked about Ryan, he seemed lighter somehow. "His birthday is next weekand we-"