Chapter Twenty Nine

"So Henry," Jake began as they left the art room and Collier's shoulders dropped with a large sigh. They had made it through the entirety of first period without that name coming up, but of course Jake would want more details after Collier flat out refused to talk about it anymore the day before at work. "Have you spoken to him yet?"

"I said at lunch today," Cole said, hugging his language arts book to his chest. When he looked up at Jake, the boy rolled his eyes.

"You said you'd talk to him about you guys at lunch, like, as an item," Jake reminded and Collier winced.

"Please don't use that phrase. It makes me uncomfortable," Cole pleaded and Jake snorted but ignored the statement.

"You can talk to him about other things. Aimless chit chat, you know. The weather, cloths, other people," Jake explained and Collier raised his eyebrows.

"If you're asking me if Henry and I spoke about the weather yet today, that answer is also no". Jake just narrowed his eyes. "I haven't even seen him yet today. We haven't really had a chance to talk".

"You didn't see him before school?" Jake asked and Collier just shrugged and shook his head like it wasn't a big deal.

It seemed like a big deal though. Every morning, Henry waited in front of his locker until the last minute before going to class. That morning, Collier had stood in front of his own locker and watched Henry's, waiting for him to appear, but he never did. It made him a bit nervous.

"He must have come in late," Cole said quietly and Jake nodded.

"Well, I wish you luck". The tall boy stopped walking, and it took Cole three stride to realize it.

"What are you doing?" Cole asked, turning back to him. They were just a few feet from Cole's language arts room and he was itching to get in it and see Henry for the first time since Saturday night.

"Well, I want things to work out for you, and Henry Stone doesn't seem to like me much, so I'm going to let you go ahead from here".

Collier raised his eyebrows. "He doesn't dislike you-"

Jake interrupted him with a laugh. "Did you see how he was looking at me during lunch that one day I sat by you guys for like, five minutes. I thought he'd rip my dick of".

"He was mad at me, not you". Jake looked as if he didn't really believe this but said nothing more about it. "So you're not going to walk me to class anymore?"

"Nope". Jake grinned, and then turned around and walked away.

At that moment, Ian stepped into Jake's place. "Trouble in paradise?" The brunette glanced over his shoulder to watch Jake go. "Can't say I'm upset that he's walking away though". Ian whistled to prove his point and Collier rolled his eyes.

"What does Ryan say about your need to stare at everything with a cock?" Cole questioned. It was Ian's eyes turn to roll.

"He doesn't say anything because I don't do it around him. I only look at the most attractive man in the room, and whenever I'm with Ryan he is he most attractive man". Ian grinned fondly.

"What if you were in a room with Ryan and Mr. Drake?"

"Don't make me think about that," Ian said, reaching out and grabbing Cole's arm, pulling him towards their classroom. "But at the moment, I really really want to be in a room with Mr. Drake. His face makes my day better".

"You're having a bad day?" Cole asked and Ian looked back at him, pausing a moment before pushing the door open.

"No. It could still be improved though".