Chapter 8

Raven lightly tapped on Christopher's door, "Chris? It's almost time to go. Chris?" Raven steeped back as he opened the door. He had a cold blank stare and a drink in his hand. Raven scowled as he threw back the shot, "Are you alright?"

Christopher slightly swayed, "Sure, but FYI.. Skyler is driving us.. Because.. because.. " He did a long slow blink, "I can't.."

"Chris! You knew I needed you sober! Why.." Raven was quickly cut off with his slurred speech.

"Jesus! Just listen to yourself. Do this do that. Can't wait for you to be gone already!" , he regretted the words as soon as they left his mouth, but he couldn't understand why her leaving was so upsetting.

Raven looked down and nodded, "I'll see you downstairs. "

Christopher's flexed his jaw as he watched her step down the hallway.

On the way to the exchange, both Christopher and Raven stared silently out the window as Skyler spoke nonstop as she drove.

The car finally reached the empty parking garage. As Christopher told Skyler to wait, Raven was already easing out of the back seat. Christopher scowled at her as she headed towards the meeting point. He trotted to catch up with her, "I could have gotten the door for you."

Raven shook her head as she looked forward, but didn't say anything.

As they turned the corner, they saw Leo along with no other than Jay Jay, Christopher's last rumble. Raven cursed under her breath, "Shit.."

Christopher's smile eased across his face, "Oh sweet revenge."

Raven pulled him back and whispered, "Don't you dare fuck this up for me. Got it!"

Christopher's glared down at her beautiful worried face and nodded silently.

Raven smiled as she approached the two men and shook both of their hands. Jay Jay snickered at Christopher, "How's the lip?"

Raven pressed her eyes but smiled, "Can we please just do the exchange?"

Christopher nervously bounced his leg with his hands in his pockets.

Leo smirked and caressed Ravens cheek, "Of course." Raven turned her head away from his hand as he continued, "Such a shame your Blake's. Hmmm.. wonder how long you will last."

Raven stared off in a daze, "Give me the exchange.."

Leo stepped back as he clicked his fingers and Jay Jay presented the case. Christopher's anger boiled over from Leo's words. Just as Raven was walking back towards him she cringed at his Chester Cat smile, "Hey Jay Jay.. Wasn't it you that was running like a scared little bitch out of the alleyway from a fake grenade? I bet you pissed your pants too.."

Leo tried to hold back Jay Jays hand but he was too quick when he pulled his weapon. Leo screamed, "No!" As he tried to push his arm away from his target. Christopher's eyes went wide as the gun went off. Raven gasped as she stopped walking. Christopher stood with a questionable brow as he noticed the two men had the look of terror as they stared at her back. Raven slowly heaved as she turned to the men. Christopher roared as he saw the blood started to seep through the fabric of her pink dress.

Leo patted Jay Jays arm, "We gotta fucking get out of here."

Raven started to wobble as she watched the men speed off in their vehicle. Christopher rushed up and cradled her as she fell, "I gotcha.. I gotcha.. Hold on.."

He quickly ran to a frantic Skyler, "What the fuck was that! Oh shit! Your not putting her in my car! She'll bleed all over the seats!"

Christopher roared, "Open the fucking car Skyler!"

Skyler crossed her arms, "Just leave her! Look at her, she's almost gone anyway."

Christopher couldn't believe what he was hearing. He looked down at a crying dazed Raven, "No.."

Raven pressed her eyes, "Just leave me. Kyle will be here soon."

Christopher shook his head as he swallowed a lump in his throat, "Raven, Kyle's in Miami."

Raven pressed her eyes again from pain, "Oh no.."

Christopher pushed by Skyler and opened the car door and eased Raven in the best he could but she still cried out in pain. Christopher ran to the drivers side and hopped in. Skyler tried to open the passenger door but he had already locked it, "Christopher! Open the God damn door!"

Christopher pursed his lips as he sped off. Occasionally he would glance back to Raven. He was calm until her eyes stared to slowly closed, "Raven! Raven!"

Raven squeezed her eyes, "Don't.."

"Don't what Raven..?" He didn't get an answer, "Raven!"

"Don't burying me in my wedding dress. He would want it that way." Her expression eased as she slid out of consciousness.

Christopher floored the car and slid into the emergency room entrance.

Christopher stood in a daze as he watched the doctors in the emergency room

"Ok guys, female, early twenties. We have a right back hypochondriac gunshot wound entry, no exit. On three. One, two, three." The operating staff turned Raven to her side as the doctor examined her entry wound.

"Pressure dropping.."
"Prep a chest tube, we have to decrease the pressure on the chest cavity."
"Got it."
"Alright, making incision in right side lung cavity."
"Pressure slowly stabilizing."
"Ok, let's get her up to the O. R.  for exploratory."
"No CT scan?"
"No time."
Christopher stepped to the side as he watched them push Raven to the elevator door. He ran his blood stained hands through his hair as he crouched to let everything sink in.