Chapter 22

***************Later that night

***************
Later that night

Christopher smiled at the mother of his child as she finished her meal, "Looks like your getting your appetite back."

Raven nervously turned her glass in a daze, "The morning is rough, but by lunch I'm usually ok."

"Do want to stay in tonight or go to Luka's engagement party?"

Raven squeezed between her eyes, "I can't believe I forgot about that! I'll go get changed."

Christopher slightly slumped as he watched her leave the table. He was hoping to stay home with her, but she was still trying to please everyone. He doubted that she would ever change.
************

The elevator opened to a huge rooftop warehouse venue. The couple turned and smiled to Luka as he greeted them, "Guys! I'm so glad your here! This is my fiancé Lexie. Lexi this is Christopher and Raven."

Raven smiled warmly and shook the pretty, shy woman's hand, "Hi. So nice to meet you. Luka has told me a lot about you."

Christopher cocked a questionable brow to Luka and clenched his jaw. Luka didn't notice as he wrapped his arms around his fiancés waist.

Christopher and Raven made their way over to the bar area. He had his usual shot of brandy and her a ginger ale. They quietly studied the room until he spoke, "I always feel out of place at these things.."

"Me too.. There is only so much you can talk about."

Christopher did a side smile to her and threw back his shot. Raven shifted uncomfortably on her bar stool, "Jesus.. I can't believe I have to pee again. Baby is killing my bladder. Please excuse me.."
He helped her ease off of her stool and pulled her to a kiss. She smiled as she looked at his lips, "I'll be right back."

He watched her glide through the crowded room. His temper boiled as one guy gave her a hard time getting past him, but he eventually let her go.

His phone buzzed as he turned back to the bar. The color drained from his face as he read the text from Hugo, "That wasn't Skyler's body! It was her best friends Ashley's! Get home now!"

Christopher quickly shoved away from the bar to find Raven. He busted into the woman's bathroom to find it empty. He quickly sped dialed Hugo, "She's fucking here!" He stayed on the phone as he turned the corner to head back into the venue. His eyes locked on a smiling Blake, "I'll see you in a few." As he slowly strutted to him, Blake calmly turned and walked out to the outside rooftop area. Christopher calmly followed.

Standing close to the edge was Raven and Skyler. Raven stood calm, but fear was written all over her face. Skyler was smirking as she held a knife angled to Ravens rib. Blake strolled over to Skyler and pulled Raven from her, "Thank you Skyler, but you can go now."

Skyler's eyes widened with shock as he pulled out a revolver and shot her. Raven could hear people screaming inside as they tried to escape.

Raven screamed. He then aimed at Christopher, but she moved his arm as the gun went off. Christopher gritted his teeth as the bullet hit his shoulder.

Raven cried out, "No!"

Blake growled as he grabbed a handful of her hair and pulled, "Shut up! I was going to give you everything.. but you wanted this pice of shit.."

Raven growled as she dug her heel into the top of his foot and pushed back on him. Blake roared as he leaned back. Christopher's eyes was full of fear as he watch both of them fall over the side of the tall building. He screamed as he ran to the side. Raven had caught a small ledge with both hands. She had pain on her face as she looked up to him. Christopher reached with his injured arm and pushed against the building with the other, "I've got you.."

Raven strained as she spoke, "Yeah..? Well I got him.." Christopher leaned to the side and saw Blake bearing his teeth as one hand hung on to Ravens tiny ankle.

"Fucking let her go!"

Blake laughed a sincere laugh, "Oh Chris, if I go.. she goes.."

Raven had a sense of peace as she looked down at the situation. She sighed and looked back up to Christopher.

Christopher had angry tears easing out of his eyes. He frantically thought of a solution but started to panic until he heard her sweet calm voice, "Chris.. Let go.."

He violently shook his head, "No!" His wounded arm started to shake as it grew weaker.

He could hear Blake laughing, "You getting tired pretty boy?"

He bared his teeth, "I can do this all night.."

Raven said it again, "Chris.. Trust me.. Let go."

Blake giggled, "How could you live with yourself if she dies?"

Christopher softly spoke as he stared at her face, "I wouldn't."

Raven roared as she kicked at Blake, "Shut up already!"

Blake growled as he tightened his grip, "I'm about to break her fucking ankle for the Hell of it.."

Raven snapped her head back up to Christopher, "Let go! I promise I'll be fine! If you love me, you'll trust me."

Christopher sobbed as he slowly released her hand and watched her fall with a calm face. He gasped repeatedly as he waited for the outcome."