❝february.❞

I stepped the subway and went straight to the stairs to exit the station. the mid winter was still cold, so I tightly gripped my jacket closer to my body.

quickly I walked to the other street with other pedestrians. I felt a little warm when people rushed and friction suddenly produced.

the usual convenient store was right in front of me once I was other the other side. I entered the familiar feeling as the cashier sent a warm friendly smile.

once I bent down to get a basket, a sudden voice startled me— her voice was familiar to me that it caught me off guard. I straightened my back and turned around just to find one of my student talking to the cashier.

"can't I play outside uncle hobi?" she whined as she tiptoed on the counter. the cashier that she called uncle shook his head slowly with a slight pout. "I'm bored!"

he sighed. "I'm sorry hanbyul–ah, but have so many lists to finish. you have to wait haneul and hansol," he slowly explained with a sad face.

she nodded while her head hung low. "I can play with you," I immediately said— obviously eavesdropping them the entire conversation. hanbyul lifted her head and her smile was wide as always.

"ms kim!" she shouted in excitement and she walked closer to me. so I crouched down to look at her, "what are you doing here?"

her uncle laughed alone behind the counter. "obviously she's not watching a concert," he sarcastically replied. I flicked my eyes to him as I eyed him to not say that.

"I'm searching for a few materials that I need, um— " I picked up a basket and held her hand, "would you like to help me find them?"

she opened her mouth before she could show me he toothy smile. "of course!" she was excited to help, so we proceeded to the frozen sections.

"is that your uncle, hanbyul?" I asked her while I bent over on the fridge to find frozen minced meat.

she hummed in delight. "uncle hobi is one of my dad's friend!" she answered, "dad always send me here if he's busy at work."

I lifted two frozen minced meat and placed it inside the basket. "hm, I always come here every weekend but how come I never see you before?"

"i used to play at the playground with haneul and hansol, sometimes we'd play at their house, but they're at school right now," she sighed afterwards.

I assumed haneul and hansol were her uncle's daughter. "well I'm here with you today," I excitedly said as we continued to find other materials.

we talked about other things while finding; I loved talking with her because her answers were all adorable.

she talked about her day on weekend when haneul and hansol were at school— she said she'd just read books or do colouring.

in returned I told her my day on weekends. "I usually just stay at home watching drama and baking," I said.