❝epilogue.❞

+ taehyung's
point of view
|

I promised to my late wife, byul that I would always love her, unfortunately, I broke it. I fell for a woman with a warm–hearted personality, she had slight curled hair and fair white skin.

she was a teacher for my daughter, hanbyul— she treated her with so much care, her passionate for her made me fall harder.

from hanbyul's teacher, to my friend. I couldn't deny that I liked spending my time with hanbyul with her— she was different from my late wife. she had time and she had fun.

her ways of talking to hanbyul wasn't different from the way she talked to me; her tone was high and bright, she smiled genuinely and widely with her head tilted a little whenever she wanted to ask questions.

she was clumsy sometimes, and the sound of her laughter was funny yet contagious. the way her eyes creased into a smiling eyes were something to adore of— she was all around felt like home; she had that motherly care for everyone.

naturally, she had that care to everyone and it wasn't forced or acted. it was her. trust me, I felt like I fall for her everyday. and as much I felt guilty about it, I missed the feeling of falling in love.

I was in fact afraid of losing her when she fainted on her floor; she probably didn't know but I felt apart of me was dying.

I was surprised when she called me out of a sudden, I knew something was wrong because she wouldn't call me about other things except about my children. "d–dojeon," she stuttered.

"three— all I asked was a sex! doyeon! fuck!" I heard a muffling yelling through the line and also a light whimper.

"what, what's wrong with your brother? was that him? where are you? doyeon, are you okay?!" I got up from hanbyul's bed and ran to my room to get my coat.

"dad, what's wrong?" hanbyul asked as she rubbed her eyes. I told her nothing was wrong and I told her to go back to sleep.

"he's here, taehyung! please help me! he's at my house!" doyeon panicking made me worried; I wanted to be there and grasp her so she could be alright.

hurriedly, I grabbed my car keys before I locked the house door. "STAY RIGHT THERE—" I hung up immediately and called hoseok. I knew that he'd be so pissed but it was really urgent. "hoseok, can you come to my house right now, please?"

"are you kidding me? this late?"

"please? doyeon's in trouble. just— just stay there with haneul and hansol for awhile. I'll be back," I hung up again and started my car.

as soon I was driving, I called for some of my friends from the police department. I told them about doyeon's brother and I gave them their address.

my heart dropped when there was a fire, embracing her house— the fire was not huge, but the grey smoke was already in the air; it looked painful.

the neighbours were awake, they scented the smoke and they were sympathising doyeon. I walked out from my car, and heard solid shouting and murmurs from old women.

"OPEN THE DAMN DOOR, DOYEON! FUCK I LOVE YOU. JUST OPEN THE DOOR!" her brother shouted on top of his lungs, didn't even bother everyone was watching.