❝Christmas.❞

+ play the music above

“I just want to see, how, beautiful you are. You know that I see it, I know you're a star— where you go, I follow; no matter how far. If life is a movie, oh, you're the best part.”

“it's been awhile you sing— how's her condition?”

“the doctor said her vitals were fine— but I don't understand why is she still asleep, hyemi— what? why are you smiling to me like that?”

“nothing, nothing. I just— after listening to all the stories from your children and from you— the way you described her. did you not realise that you liked her?”

“hyemi—”
“i know that you loved byul, I understand that, but have you ever think about your children? they all love her and so do you. you heard hanbyul; she said she wanted her to be her mother.”

“i know—”
“give her a chance. you've seen her with your children. you said watching her with them makes everything different— you said she was nothing like byul. people come and go, tae. either as a blessing or a lesson. she might me a blessing but she might be a lesson if you keep pushing her—”

“hyemi, listen! I know. I know all that. after I saw her lying on the floor yesterday, my heart hurts.”

“so you admit that you like her too?”

“of course I do, hye. right from the start, when I came to take hanbyul home; her affection to hanbyul made me— I don't know— I could see it in her eyes. I could see that she cared for my daughter. and it made me—”

“warm— right? you're smiling. oh my gosh, tae! don't be such a bum and just make her yours already!”

“I don't know hyemi; it's not that I didn't want to— gosh, if I could, I would. when she said she liked me that night, I wanted to hug her tight—”

“why? what's wrong? tae?”

“don't you think this wouldn't happen if I left her all alone?”

“what do you mean? tae? hey— oh my gosh! ms doyeon!”

"doyeon! hurry call the doctor! nurse! nurse! she's awake!”

❁ ❁ ❁

I touched her soft hair, gently as I caressed them. I smiled when she suddenly muffled something that I couldn't hear.

a couple minutes after, the door was slowly opened and taehyung revealed himself. “hey,” he smiled weakly once he entered with two cups of coffee— the strong aroma made my mouth watery. “how do you feel?” he asked.

“i'm feeling better,” I told him before i accepted the cup of coffee he offered. “thanks,” I smiled genuinely, and I took a sip of it— oh, coffee was a great healer.

with a sleeping little star on my lap and a cup of coffee in my hand, I didn't know what else to talk about. the atmosphere grew silent— we could only hear the sounds from the air-conditioning. and the ticking clock.

minutes; it took us minutes to finally break the awkward silence with a song he played. “I–um, kept playing it when you were still in short coma,” he said.

the song was soft like a lullaby that could make me soothe to sleep. it had a very sweet and lovely feeling and I think I did listen to it before.

“it's beautiful,” I admitted, “I think I heard you sing before.” he lifted his brows as his eyes became wide.

“you did?” he started became anxious, I didn't know why but it looked like thousands of question was filling his head. “w–what else did you hear?”

I accidentally giggled when he stuttered. “no, I didn't hear anything else. why?” after I answered his question, he was then relaxed.

he breathed out sharply. all at once, I kind of thought that he was hiding something. I wanted to ask but without opening my mouth, out of a sudden, he held my hand.

his hand felt warm. and big. I furrowed my brows when he squeezed my hand tighter. I tried pulling my hand but he didn't flinch.

“I'm sorry,” he whispered once our eyes met— dear lord, please save my heart from this too much of twinkles and butterflies. “I was scared of losing you—” my mind went blank when he poured out. “—you weren't awake for two days. I–I had enough of people leaving me. I didn't want you to leave me too.”

I frowned. I did frown. oh believe me, I was so confused. I felt so dumbfounded. “taehyung, thank you for rescuing me that night, but I don't think you should be saying that— you do know that I like you. taehyung, I'm trying to stop my feeling but—”

“i like you too, doyeon.”
“what?”
“i like you—”
“i heard what you said. but what the hell, tae? are you seriously going to say that just because you felt bad? you know that I don't like people sympathising me.” I pushed his hand away; rolling my eyes because I felt so annoyed.

“forget what I told you, I really like you. and I understand that you think that way. I–I just—” he sighed, “it's difficult. falling in love is not just saying it out loud and do all the things lovers do. I fell once and I failed to hold her. I fell for another but I'm just...scared.”

“you're scared that I might leave you? didn't I told you that I don't want you to accept my feelings. I just want to be their mother. and I'll promise you that I won't leave.”

he looked into my eyes. we had a pause with our eyes interlocked for I couldn't even guess how long. but it was surely long enough, until hanbyul was awake.

“ms kim!” before the two of the fella come inside my room, in a swift— seriously, it was like a quick flash. taehyung stood up from his seat and palmed my cheeks before his lips were softly pressed against mine.

my widened eyes and fast beating heart wasn't helping me. I kept frowning. I didn't know what else to react, I wanted to push him but his lips were swooning me.

once he pulled away, he showed his boxy smile that only appear at times to times. “merry Christmas kids, give hugs and kisses for your mum.”

❁ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

last chapter — done! ♥

okay, it's official. I suck at stories. I wanted to end it with something memorable. but I suck. a fucking lot.

but um
did you guys really think this is the last? nope no :) you guys haven't read taehyung's point of view yet! and dojeon's story, her mother, and how bout that jinah girl?

an epilogue with taehyung point of view will be publish, might probably not tonight. I was tired with all the walking. maybe tomorrow, just pray for me that I can wake up early tomorrow!

thank you so much for reading! please leave comments too ♥

love,
   zee.