❝july.❞

“can I have a blueberry cheesecake please?” I pointed the picture on the menu and the worker smiled as she jotting down my orders

even though I could bake my own blueberry cheesecake but I didn't have any mood to make one— it was again, another year for me to celebrate my own birthday.

I returned my own seat which I reserved already with my laptop and backpack. I paid the cake and coffee I ordered earlier.

it felt like I was lying on a flat cold floor; I was on an open space— there was nothing beside me or surround me. I felt empty. the beating of my heart was at a normal pace and I felt like I was living a slow melodramatic life.

I couldn't deny that I loved the peace. I've always wanted to be alone; away from drama— bullies, nightmares and tears. I was finally living my life the way I wanted. I thought I was.

“ms kim—”
“miss kim doyeon—”

there was two people calling out for my name. my eyes that were closed because I was holding my tears, were opened wide just to find a girl waving at me.

“miss kim doyeon?” I smiled to the girl before I stood up and walked to the counter to get my orders.

then I approached the girl and crouched down in front of her   “are you alone, hanbyul–ah?” I asked.

she shook her head before she pointed at her father who was at the outside on the phone. “are you alone, ms kim?” she asked.

I nodded my head gently. “oh, your father is coming. I should get going now, enjoy your drink here!” I said as I stood up straight. Mr kim saw me, so I showed him a friendly smile before I came back to my seat.

I placed my cake and coffee on the table. as always, I took a picture of it with my phone and posted it on the sns.

my gallery used to be filled with my own pictures or meals of mine, anything that I did alone. ever since hanbyul and I became close, she conquered my gallery with her adorable smile.

“hello again, ms kim!” I was startled when hanbyul sat across from me with her adorable olaf bag. “can we sit here?” she asked with her sheepish smile.

“hanbyul, ms kim is probably busy—”

“no, not at all, mr kim. please have a sit! I really love having hanbyul as a company,” I immediately cut her father's word before he could take her away.

he apologised for disturbing. “I told her to at least sit down on the seats beside you,” he said while placing down their orders.

”ay, it's okay. I wanted to bring hanbyul here too, but I was afraid you wanted to stay with her,” I explained with comforts. I hoped he would understand, that with hanbyul, I was fine.

he sighed heavily before wiping hanbyul's lips. “thank you, ms kim,” he breathed out. then, he drank his iced americano until the half of his drink.

“hanbyul–ah, would you like to eat some?” I pushed my cake in front of her. she opened her mouth excitedly but then her face dropped.

she looked at her father; exchanging looks as if they were communicating. it was like, can I please have some, dad? which at first, he glared at her but in the end, he nodded his head.

her face brightened up again. quickly she took my spoon and scooped a little before she ate it. “it's so sweet!” she exclaimed.

then I looked at mr kim, who was busy watching his daughter. “would you also like to have some?” I asked him politely.

at first he declined but I kept insisting, and so he took the spoon and scoop a bit as well. “thank you,” I suddenly said which surprised him.

I could see it written on his face, why did I thanked him. sharing my small blueberry cheesecake was enough to make me feel complete.

“ms kim! tomorrow is my birthday!” hanbyul exclaimed excitedly. I remembered being so happy too; shouting out loud to my family.

i gaped my mouth as I clapped my hands excitedly too. “what would you like to have, I'll really buy it for you! except bogum, I can't afford to ask bogum to come.” suddenly I heard a chuckle beside hanbyul.

hanbyul adorably tapped her chin. “um, let me think first,” her eyes disappeared into a smile.

“when is your birthday, ms kim?” I was surprised when he asked. I wanted to lie but what was there to lie about; it was just a date.

I hesitated though. “31st July,” I smiled, hoping that we could immediately change the topic. however, he flicked his eyes to me.

“today? happy birthday, ms kim.” he smiled— for some odd reason, I saw him.

not the father of hanbyul, but him. kim taehyung— he seemed to be young at heart. suddenly, I felt we were close than usual. literally close that I clearly saw his beautiful eyes— it was only me on his reflections.

“thank you,” I mumbled shyly before I slowly continuing my cake.

“ha! I want to go shopping with ms kim!” hanbyul finally decided with her hands in the air. “and happy birthday, ms kim!”

a date with hanbyul? I looked at her father. “just with her? how about me? your dad?” he asked, slowly showing a pouting lips.

hanbyul hummed, as she was thinking again. “I only want to go with, ms kim though,” she pulled out a pouting lips as well.

I watched them as they gave funny faces to each other. “we should go together,” I suggested, “besides, you can also spend time with your dad!”

I knew hanbyul wanted to spend time with him more. I didn't to interrupt them honestly, it'd be great if they went together only. I felt I was part of their family.

“we should also go with taeyoon and taeyang,” her father suggested again.

hanbyul was seriously in deep thoughts. she lifted her head to look at me. “only if ms kim come with us!” she sternly said.

her father lifted his hand as if he was making an oath. “I promise she's coming with us!”

✿ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

chapter seven — done! ♥

I wrote this on 16th December ♥ since it was my birthday, so I kind of have the idea.

please allow me to rant here a little :)
I was honestly expecting today could be a great birthday since I'm already seventeen. but sad to believe, it was the worst.

my parents had a fight, some of my oh so called best friends didn't even greet me and of course, my father had a bad mood.

that's all I could rant, there were more but I couldn't dare to let out.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed! thank you so much for reading, please leave some comment! ♥

love,
   zee.