❝may.❞

“are you going to bake cookies, ms kim?” asked hanbyul once we entered the supermarket.

ever since last month incident where I fall from my bicycle in front of hanbyul's father, we actually happened to communicate often.

her father would talk a little as he arrived at school to take hanbyul home. and I talked about how hanbyul felt lonely every weekend.

I asked his permission if I could take hanbyul with me every weekend. and not to my expectation, he approved my proposal without any excuse.

so I took hanbyul to my house; sometimes we would bake, oh wait, mostly. we mostly bake pastries. sometimes, out of the blue, we would do a little sewing or walking at the park.

I actually told her to bring her brother and sister, unfortunately, they have different of classes to attend every weekend. taeyang, she said he went to dance classes. while her sister had mathematics— such contrast but they were so talented.

“not today,” I whispered as I tightly held her hand. I brought her to the escalator and we went to the second floor. “I'm thinking of making a doll.”

hanbyul made an excited gasp. “a doll?!” as we stepped on the floor, she skipped all the way to the sewing hallway.

“hm, hanbyul–ah. can you help me pick a cute colour for its skin?”

she nodded her head excitedly before skipping to the fabric shelves. I searched for a few materials that was needed for my doll. I planned to make a cute chubby onion doll.

I had a lot of sewing materials at home, I just bought extra to make sure that I needed was complete.

hanbyul came back with a lime green fabric, I should add that the fabric was not a normal fabric, it was like, it was meant for making a doll.

then she also showed me a normal green with the same fabric texture. “is this okay?” she asked worriedly.

I ruffled her hair as I took the fabric. “love it, thank you!” then we went to the cashier counter for me to pay.

“can we have ice cream after this, ms kim?” she politely asked. even though taehyung left a few money for me to buy her meal, I decided to just buy anything for her.

“of course, we should buy a big container of ice cream. what's your favourite flavour?”

she hummed while thinking. I worked with children for so long, and I actually knew her answer. children around her age only tasted typical ice cream flavour.

“chocolate!” which they weren't so bad and I guessed it right. but as soon we went on the first floor, I went to the freezer and took out a big container of cookies and cream ice cream.