...go... (In Editing)

"The adoption took time.
The love arrived instantly."

Alanna

questioned. The judge doesn't seem to like us very much. I don't know what this will mean in the end.

It's Cason turn next. He stand confidently as the judge asks his first question.

"You're adopted, correct?"

"Yes, sir."

"And how old are you now?"

"Sixteen."

He continued asking him the same questions he had asked Chloe. On the last question when he asks, "Do you feel you get enough attention at home?"

"Yes, you honor. I said something to Zoe the first night she spent at our house. She had asked me a very similar question to yours, 'Does it bother you, to have to share your parents ?' I told He her no it didn't because my parents took in kid after kid and loved them. I told her how lucky I felt to have ended up in a home like ours. Because I knew that if I ever needed someone, they would be there."

"That will be all," Says Judge Alex.

I'm close to tears as Cason makes his way back to his seat. He bends down in front of me. I kiss his head, "That was beautiful, sweetie."

"Thanks, Mom," he whispers. Then stands and walks back to his seat next to Chloe.

The Judge calls up Tyler next and asks him the same questions Tyler does a great job, especially for a ten-year-old.

The judge however doesn't seem to care that he's just a little kid and is just as harsh with him as the others. When he finally walks back to our seats he looks terrified. Instead of going back to his seat he comes over and crawls into my lap. I hug him close. Over the top of his head I look at Bridger. Then over at the twins. He seems to know what I mean.

He stands up, "Your honor?"

The judge glances up from where he had been scribbling down notes, "Yes?"

"Is it going to be necessary for you to talk to Hannah and Peyton?"

"Why? Is there a problem, Mr. Bradley?"

"No, it's just they're only six. It might be kind off... overwhelming." He nods at Tyler, "It was a little much even for Tyler and he's ten."

Normally Tyler would have been outraged at this humiliation, but he didn't even look up from his hands. He had slipped off my lap while his dad was talking, and was now just leaning against me.

The judge face softened ever so softly. "I would like to talk to them but maybe you can ask them my question. Would that be okay?"

"Yes, your honor. Thank you."

He nods, "Alright, calling Hannah and Peyton, please."

Bridger stands and holds out his hand to the little girls they grab on and follow him to the front of the room.

The Judge starts, he skips the first question about being adopted and moves on, "You're twins right? How old are you?"

"Six," say Peyton proudly. Bridger smiles at her.

"Okay, did you like having Zoe live with you?"

This time Hannah speaks up first, "Yes, she plays dress up with us."

Peyton nods knowingly, "She's really nice."

The judge skips to the last question, "Do you get a lot of attention from Mom and Dad?"

They both nod their heads, "Mama lets us help cook and Daddy drives us in the boat," says Peyton

Hannah adds, "And they read us stories before bed. Every night!"

Just as the Judge is about dismiss them Peyton speaks up again, "Is Zoe going to come home soon?"

"We'll see. Thank you, girls," The Judge says sending them back to their seats.

But all I can think is, he didn't say no. We have a chance.