A Flirt

"Esmeralda?" I say confused, "What are you doing here?"

"Why hello Angie." she says stepping into the house uninvited, "I just have some things for you."

"Off who?" I ask confused.

"Pablo." she says smiling, "He wanted to come himself but he is doing me a favour so I thought I'd do him one."

"Okay.." I say uneasily. Her smile looks rather menacing and the woman is making me feel sick again.

"Just some things to help you feel better and an altered timetable for whenever you return to work." She says handing me a sheet of paper.

"I have six lessons? I used to have twenty! Who is covering my lessons currently and who will do all these lessons I no longer have to teach?"

"I'm currently teaching all your lessons since you're away and I'll be taking all the lessons that have been removed from your timetable. Once you go on maternity leave I'll have all your lessons again."

She was smiling and saying everything sweetly but she made me feel so uneasy.

"Okay." I said with a slight smile, "Tell Pablo I'll be back Monday and that I really don't need to reduce my timetable until I am just about to leave."

"Okay," says Esmeralda smiling, "I'll give him the message."

Esmeralda was just about to leave when German walked in.

"Oh! You must be Angie's husband, Mr Castillo it's a pleasure!" She suddenly was perky and the situation felt strange.

"Hello." says German in his business like tone, "Have we met before?"

"Us?" says Esmeralda, "No! Definitely not!"

I feel really uneasy and don't know what to say, so I stand there and watch as she flirts with German. He doesn't seem to notice but I do and it drives me mad.

"Sorry to cut the conversation short." I say driving a wedge between them and taking Germans hand, "But we are having guests over tonight so we have to prepare."

"Of course! I didn't mean to intrude Mr Castillo!" She says besotted.

"Not a problem, and please call me German."

"Thank you German." purrs Esmeralda as she walks out the door.

I scowl at her as she leaves.

German noticed I was not particularly happy.

"What's wrong?" he asks twirling a strand of my hair.

"As if it isn't obvious!" I yell.

"Sickness again?" he says sadly.

"No!" I cry, "Esmeralda!"

"But why?" says German confused.

I begin to explain about my timetable at the studio and how I feel like she is taking my job and there is nothing I can do about it. Through out it German listens intently and nods understandingly.

"And then she comes into my house and flirts with my husband!"

German looks confused, "She was flirting with me?"

"Yes!" I yell, "It was so obvious as well, she was acting immensely desperate. I feel like she wants to take everything from me!"

"She won't." says German pulling me closer.

"She already is." I say sadly, "She even flirted with you."

German smiles at me, "I didn't notice her flirting with me, because I only have eyes for you."

I smile at him so he pulls me in and kisses me.

"How would you and tealeaf feel about going somewhere tomorrow?"