A Banana

I woke up hugging Germans leg. I can never get comfortable now and this has been a particular problem over the last few weeks. I try falling asleep hugging a pillow, which is the suggested sleeping position but I am usually very restless and move about constantly.

I pull myself up and as I do German jerks awake.

"Morning Sleepyhead." he says when he sees me dragging myself up the bed awkwardly.

"Morning." I say as I struggle up the bed. I'm lying on my stomach and as I now have a considerable sized bump, I'm on a curve, which makes moving up the bed difficult. German sees this so supports me and helps me up.

"How bad was I last night?" I say once I've pulled myself up.

"Bad. Worst I've seen you. You were very warm last night and needless to say restless. Your snoring got louder too."

I frowned, "Sorry."

"No need to be sorry. It is always a pleasure to be your personal pillow." says German as he kisses me on the forehead.

I have to smile. He is far to sweet.

"Ready for today?" says German smiling.

"Why? What's today?"

"You forgot didn't you." says German glaring at me playfully.

"No!" I say defensively, "I know what today is. I'm just messing with you."

"Really?" says German laughing.

"Really." I say stubbornly, despite not actually knowing.

"Tell me then."

I glared at him for a long time but that made him laugh, so I gave up.

"I forgot okay!" I say angrily as he laughs at me. This only makes him laugh harder.

"Shut up!" I say angrily.

German stops laughing but a smile is still plastered to his face.

"You are one forgetful pregnant lady."

I glare at him again.

"I'm sorry. C'mon forgive me."

I continue to glare but I want to smile.

"You know you can't stay mad at me."

I'm dying to smile now.

"We have to check the weekly baby update..."

That breaks me. I jump beside him and German laughs. Every Saturday we sit together and check this email that German gets. It's sent by a doctors website to inform us on what usually happens in the coming week and its one of my favourite parts of the week.

German pulls his phone of the bedside table and clicks it on. He has to have easy access to his emails for work so he is on it almost instantly. When he opens it up, the email is already there. German opens it and reads it aloud.

"Congratulations! You are now mid way through your pregnancy! You are developing well and could have found out your child's gender! You are now going to be less at risk to miscarriages too so you can relax. Your baby is not very big at the moment although he/she will feel huge. In actual fact, your baby is about the size of a banana!"

German and I burst out laughing. We didn't need to read anymore. The connection to the banana had killed me.

Still in hysterics German says, "How about breakfast? We can put everyone off eating fruit!"

I'm laughing too and cannot speak so I just pull myself off the bed with German behind me, the two of us laughing like mad men.