A Terrible Pain

"Tell you what, you don't seem to be co-operating so how about I sing you a nursery rhyme?"

My tone is rather crazed but I'm in so much pain, especially on my hips. I so badly want all the pain to go away but nothing's working. Tealeaf is so heavy and I really can't deal with it any longer.

"Get out of me!

Get out of me!

Oh little baby!

Get out of me!"

I repeat this rather develish verse over and over, going crazy from the pain.

"Not the nicest nursery rhyme you've sang." says German smiling.

I just glare at him. I love him but at this moment I want to rip his throat out.

"It's your fault I'm like this." I say annoyed.

"Really?" says German raising his eyes brows.

"Yes! How dare you do this to me!"

"Do what?" says German laughing.

"Get me pregnant! This is the worst! Worse then Jade worse. Worse then that Esmeralda worse."

"You're babbling. You don't mean that. You love tealeaf already." says German leaning against the wall.

"I love tealeaf but I want she/he out! I love you but I still blame you for all this pain!" I cry frustrated.

"I know. I know it hurts." says German coming over and kissing me on the forehead.

"Incorrect, you say you know but you do not." I say glaring again.

"Well let's think positive, what's tomorrow?" says German smiling.

"Wednesday?" I say confused.

"What date?" says German still beaming.

"June 4th?" I say still not understanding.

"And what's special about June 4th?" says German really excitedly.

"Is it the day you die?" I say annoyed.

German just shakes his head, "Tomorrow is your due date, this little one will be here anyday now."

"I'm bursting with joy." I say with the most expressionless face and monotone voice to emphasise  my sarcasm.

"You're annoyed now, but I guarentee, you'll be the happiest you've ever been very soon."

I sigh. German is excited and I don't blame him. I'm excited to, I'm just in too much pain to act excited.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just hurt so much, I just need to sleep. Tell you what, help me upstairs and I'll sleep away the pain for a while, then tomorrow, I'll be perky as punch ready for tealeaf. I know its only early afternoon but once I sleep I'll be perky again."  I say managing a smile.

"You won't be," says German helping me up, "But tht fact you say you'll try to be means everything."

"How do you know I won't be?" I say agitated.

"Becausse I know you far to well." says German smiling.

"Well I'm going to prove you wrong." I say stubbornly.

"Oh yes, rather like how you proved me wrong by drinking that tea the other week?" says German cockily.

I glare at him. He is winding me up.

"Just help me upstairs and shut up." I say frustrated.

As we are walking up the stairs, I'm hit with a braxton hicks contraction. My nurse told me about this a few weeks ago. They are small contractions that come around once an hour to prepare me for the birth and apparently as I progress in the pregnancy the worse they get. This one has me stopping on the stairs and breathing heavily as if I've just been punched. German stops with me for support.

Once its over, I nod my head and German continues to support me up the stairs and into bed. I crawl under the sheets and as I'm no longer moving, I'm suddenly aware of all the pain in my body. The worse one is in my lower back and I can't seem to get confortable.

German kisses my forehead and heads out the room and when he closes the door behind him, I'm left to deal with the pain.