A Girlfriend

~Four weeks later~

I was walking down the street in the sunshine humming. I felt very off balance however, as my changing shape has me waddling like a penguin. My strange walk did attract some attention, but once my bump was noticed, nobody said anything.

Considering we had been walking for a long time, tealeaf hadn't kicked me yet. In fact, tealeaf has become especially quiet recently, as most of the time I am surrounded by singing and apparently singing is very soothing for the baby. The only exception to this in my knowledge is when Violetta sings, because tealeaf decides to kick me violenlty.

I'm now twenty-six weeks gone and I'm actually starting to enjoy the pregnancy more. Today, I was going to meet up with Pablo for lunch as recently I have been eating at home. I do this just because it seems easier, especially as  somedays I have the strangest cravings. I can deal with them much better at home as there is more for me to choose from, so just for everyone else's benefit, I tend to eat there.

Pablo however demanded that we spend some time together before the baby came, as when tealeaf comes, I'm not going to have much time. I understood this, but was hesitant when he recommended lunch, as I didnt want to cause trouble, but my best friend knew me far to well annd before I had even said anything, he began to explain how he would deal with my cravings. Needless to say, he was very convincing, hence todays visit.

I arrived at the cafe and found Pablo sitting at a table outide, situated in the shade.

"Pablo!" I called when I was still quite a distance away.

His head shot up and he waved at me before running towards me.

"Hey!" he says as he reaches me, "How are you? You are looking great!"

"Are you being serious? I'm not looking great! I'm waddling. Like a pengiun."

Pablo laughed and hooked arms with me, escorting me to our table.

"Well, besides the waddling, Mrs Penguin, you are looking absolutley radiant. Your skin is glowing." says Pablo as he tucks in my chair.

I couldn't help but laugh, "That's one of the positives of pregnancy I suppose."

Pablo and I spoke for a long time in between eating. I have already lost quite a few of my lessons as I will be on maternity leave in just a few weeks, so it's great to hear what has been happening with my other lessons.

Originally Esmeralda was supposed to teach my lessons, but as I don't completely trust her, Pablo has taken over them instead. He told me how he spoke with Antonio about it and he agreed that Esmeralda should not be the one to cover my lessons, because that would cause me stress and they didn't want that. I'm much happier knowing Pablo is taking my place.

"Well, anyway, I have somethings to tell you." says Pablo in a serious tone after all our fun.

"Okay." I say, actually rather worried.

"Well firstly, about your mum." starts Pablo, sounding worried.

I sighed. This was not the conversation I wanted.

"I saw her the other week and Angie, she really didn't look good. She saw me and I was expecting her to come and yell at me for tricking her with German but she didn't. She just smiled at me from across the street and waved, as if none of it had happened. I was really confused, so I watched as she left. I saw her and Angie, she's hardly there. She's so skinny. So frail. She looks really ill."

Thinking about my mother being ill was rather worring but I ignored the feeling.

"She's getting old. It happens to everyone. Anyway, if she was ill., she'd tell me."

"I don't know if she would." says Pablo, "You all turned against her."

"She turned against me." I corrected.

"I know." says Pablo, "So why would she tell you?"

She wouldn't. That was the answer.

I shrugged off the topic. I knew Pablo would want me to reach out for her but I just don't know if I can.

"Okay. Okay. I get it, but can we drop the topic? What else do you have to tell me?"

Pablo now looked really worried.

"Well, you know Esmeralda right?" says Pablo looking at the floor.

"Yes..."

"Well...." he stopped and looked at me.

"What has she done? I knew she was no good! Get her kicked out of the studio for whatever it is Pablo, don't deal with her! I swear no one believes my suspicions but I know she isn't nice. I mean flirting with German! Who does she think she is?"

I was very annoyed now.

"She won't flirt with German again Angie." says Pablo calming me down.

"How do you know?" I say still rather annoyed.

"Because...Esmeralda and I are kind of...." says Pablo not finishing the sentence.

Suddenly, I feel as bad as I did when I had morning sickness.

"Say it." I say stubbornly.

Pablo gulped anxiously.

"We're dating."