Chapter 1 - Angel Visits a BDSM Club and Meets Master Adam

Walking into the club was the hardest thing Angel Jones had ever done in her life.

She'd deliberately chosen Chained because it was a new club and it was in Virginia, much farther away from her home than the club she really wanted to join—Stronghold, in DC. There was slim chance of anyone from Stronghold being at Chained—among the regulars anyway. Basic psychology: once people become comfortable in a space they tend to stay in that space, even kinksters who like to push boundaries. Maybe especially kinksters, since they had to be able to trust the people they were with. So it was doubtful regulars to Stronghold would search out a new club; they were comfortable in their space at Stronghold and trusted the people there. Why would they drive such a distance to check out a new place?

Easy answer: they wouldn't.

This was the second time Angel had ever been to a BDSM club. The first time had been years ago, in New York City, when she was still in college. Since then she'd realized she was submissive, but she didn't have any friends currently living in Maryland who were in the scene. Even worse, other than her best friend Leigh, she didn't have any close friends who were female and just contemplating the idea of trying to convince one of her guy friends to come with her made her want to whimper, so she was making this difficult journey alone. Which was absolutely terrifying.

Getting out of her car, Angel smoothed her hands over the long embroidered jacket she was wearing. She'd dressed very carefully tonight because she was going to be doing something wrong—she was going into a club as a Mistress rather than a submissive. It was dishonest, which rankled her, but all of her 'experience' was just research and reading; but she did know how dangerous it could be for a new submissive entering public scening. Her friends who had taken her to her first club had drummed that into her head. She'd decided until she garnered experience in a public setting it would be safer to present herself as a Mistress. Of course, she couldn't start as a Mistress at the club she planned on attending as a submissive, which is why she was at Chained tonight instead of Stronghold.

She taught her students all the time that the first step to keeping themselves safe was to stay out of dangerous situations. To her, putting herself in a position to be tied up and at the mercy of a stranger was pretty much the textbook description of a dangerous situation. She had no one to watch her back and her only information about these clubs was secondhand. The one night she'd experienced in New York she had been entranced but did nothing more than watch. Once she was more comfortable in the club and felt more confident about knowing the scene and her ability to keep herself safe, without backup, she would go to Stronghold as a submissive. No harm done to anyone and she'd have a nice and easy introduction into the world she'd been fantasizing about ever since she first heard about it.

Of course, she wished she had a friend she could do this with. She might have felt safer just jumping straight in as a submissive if she had a buddy by her side. Angel was an inherently honest person so the necessary deception irked her. Unfortunately, she didn't have anyone she felt comfortable asking to go with her. Even though Leigh would probably have come if Angel had asked, because she was a really good friend, Leigh's boyfriend, Michael, would never have approved of the outing. And Angel didn't think she'd feel like a very good friend, asking Leigh to put herself in such an uncomfortable position.

At twenty-five years old, Angel had only ever had two serious relationships; the second one had ended over a year ago and since then she hadn't even dated anyone seriously. Neither of her previous boyfriends had been able to give her what she craved, neither had been able to make her feel the excitement she got just reading BDSM erotica stories. Sure, she'd had orgasms during sex, but it always felt like there was something missing, and eventually that had led to the end of each relationship. And it didn't help when most of her closest friends were guys, which tended to cause some jealousy and misunderstandings with her boyfriends, but she figured someone confident enough to be a Dom would have to be secure and confident enough not to mind she had a lot of guy friends, right?