Ch. 16 - Valentine's Day Drama

The upstairs of the club had been completely transformed by the time Angel and Adam came back up from the Dungeon. Because it was the main floor, Patrick had insisted Lexie focus most of her decorating efforts there, rather than putting them all over the entire club. Hearts dangled from the ceiling of the bar, their ends just brushing the top of Andrew's head as he moved around behind it, more hearts and streamers came down from the ceiling over the dance floor, and red and pink gels had been inserted into the lights to give the room a rosy glow. The stage was clear except for a spanking bench which had been set up in the middle of it.

"Patrick's doing a spanking demonstration tomorrow night for the party," Adam said, seeing where Angel was looking. He grinned, his fingers slowly massaging the small of her back in a way that made her want to melt. "Turning lots of heart-shaped objects nice and pink."

Angel laughed. "Sounds like fun."

"You won't need him to do that for you," Adam said firmly, steering her over to where the rest of the helpers had gathered.

Andrew was coming out from behind the bar to join them as well. Patrick and Lexie were standing on opposite sides of the table with Olivia, Lisa, Lisa's submissive, Karen, Will, and Rick between them on either side. Angel had met all of them, although she'd spent a lot more time with the friends who weren't there. While she would have gone to the side closest to them, which would have put her and Adam between Will and Rick, she was a little surprised to find herself led around to the opposite side of the table and placed between Olivia and Karen instead, with Adam standing behind her.

Which of course meant she couldn't twist around to see his expression without being totally obvious. She knew Doms were supposed to be kind of possessive, so did that mean Adam considered her to be his? Or was it just a post-scene kind of possessiveness? At some point she was really going to have to let him know she would like to see him for more than just club scenes, but this obviously wasn't the time. Next time they were alone. Hopefully tomorrow.

"Just in time guys, we were about to have a celebration drink," Rick said, grinning as Andrew put a tray full of shot glasses down on the center of the table, explaining what he'd been doing behind the bar. His eyes flicked over Angel's flushed face and she wondered if he could tell what she and Adam had been doing down in the Dungeon. Immediately her face heated even more, but Rick just gave her a little smile. Behind her Adam shifted closer, his hand on her hip and she really wished she could see his expression. "I got an official job offer at Westwood High School and as of this summer I'll be moving up to this area!"

Everyone cheered, although it was obvious they'd already heard this and it was being repeated for Adam and Angel's benefit. Since the club was already decorated everyone just hung around for a while. Angel ended up talking to Lexie and Karen while Rick and Adam talked about places Rick was thinking about living. Karen seemed interested in the self-defense classes too, which ended up pulling Lisa and Olivia into their conversation.

All in all it ended up being a great way to end the evening, with no awkwardness possible between her and Adam, because there were too many other people to talk to. Although she kind of wished they could have gotten a private word, she wasn't really sure what she would say.