Ch. 6 - Angel Arrives at the BDSM Club Stronghold

Adam had invaded Justin's office and was eating lunch with him when his phone rang. Pulling it from the case permanently attached to his hip, he checked the caller ID and flipped it open.

"No."

"Come on, you don't even know what I'm going to ask!"

"Yes I do and the answer is no."

From across the desk, Justin's dark eyes were laughing as he watched Adam talk.

"I need the night off, my sister's ride to the airport fell through."

"Tell her to take a cab."

Andrew sighed. "You know she never asks me for anything. I don't want to tell her no, and Olivia can't because she's gonna be at some conference. Please, Adam."

He groaned, knowing already he was going to say yes. Andrew's complicated relationship with his family was something all of them were well aware of, especially his younger sister, Iris, who had been giving him a hard time for years now. As if Andrew's break-up with his ex hadn't been bad enough, Iris had definitely taken sides and it hadn't been her brother's. If she'd actually asked Andrew for a favor then Adam couldn't be the bad guy and stand in his way.

"Fine, but you owe me."

"Thanks, man."

Hanging up the phone, Adam let out a huff of air and glared at Justin, who was obviously amused. This was already not the best Monday he'd ever had and it had already gotten worse because he was definitely not interested in dealing with an Introduction Scene this week.

"I blame you," he said, glaring at Justin. The other man just raised one dark eyebrow. "If you and Chris hadn't gotten together with Jessica then Liam would have never met Hilary and all three of you would still be helping out with the Introduction Scenes."

"And if you were actually trying to find a sub instead of just talking about trying, then you might not be helping out with them anymore either," Justin said, completely unfazed by Adam's bad temper. It was something he'd gotten pretty used to dealing with now they were working together and he knew it would pass quickly enough.

"You and your logic."

"Gets you every time."

But it was true and Adam knew it was. Normally that would be enough to help him get back on an even keel, but he'd been decidedly off kilter for weeks now and the weekend hadn't helped the way it was supposed to.

Dammit. He'd still been attracted to Angel, mistress or not, and he'd found himself more intrigued rather than less. Last night he'd had a dream about her. Sadly, not an erotic one. No, it was all too obviously a correlation for his life; he'd spent the entire dream chasing her, never quite catching her. She'd been wearing one of the costumes from the first act of the play, a soft pink sundress which matched her lips and made her look like innocence ready for debauching.

Once he'd woken up he hadn't been able to get back to sleep and it had put him in a pretty bad mood first thing in the morning. Followed by even more of a bad mood when the roads were slick and icy, apparently rendering everyone incapable of driving.

He studied Justin. In some ways he'd always considered them to be fairly alike. Despite that they managed to get along well and even work together. "How did you know?"

"Know what?"

"About Jessica."

"What about her?" Justin looked at him with exasperation, not an expression normally seen on the intimidating Dom's face. Subs would probably cower at the almost threatening tone to his voice.