Ch. 23 - A Little Sheriff and Naughty Prisoner Role Play

When Angel arrived at the club, she still felt the same amount of nervousness as last week as she pulled off her coat. Lexie gave her an approving once-over.

"Hot damn woman!"

Angel laughed. "If I'd seen you last weekend, you would've seen this outfit already."

The crisscrossing leather straps were surprisingly comfortable, or would be once she got in the club. The entryway was a little cold though. The low whistle by the door separating the lobby from the rest of the club made her glance over; Jared was on duty tonight and he gave her an encouraging wink.

Lexie groaned. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I heard you got here just in time for all the drama."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Lexie said stoutly. But Angel couldn't help but notice tonight she was dressed a little more modestly in a baby blue corset and hot pants. Seeing Angel looking at her clothes, Lexie shook her head. "People have been telling Patrick all week how much they enjoyed the Valentine's Day party. I think Stronghold needs to do more themed nights, so I'm going to try to convince Patrick of that tonight... which means not pissing him off with what I'm wearing."

Looking over Lexie's outfit again, which was incredibly sexy on her slim little body, Angel could only shake her head. "You think this won't piss him off?"

"Well in comparison to what he knows I could be wearing..."

They both giggled.

"Well, good luck," Angel said. "I love the idea."

"Thanks. Have a good night tonight—uh... where's Adam by the way?"

"He should be here soon," Angel said. They'd decided to take separate cars to Stronghold. Well, she had decided. She'd agreed to spend the entire weekend at his house, but for her that meant she also wanted to be able to leave when she needed to or go out and run an errand if she wanted to. Not that she thought there might be any negative reason to want that, but she just liked the freedom of having her own car there.

"Great, well go on in. No one else is here yet except Andrew, he's behind the bar."

"Thanks!"

She stopped to chat with Jared for a couple of minutes on her way in. The big guy wasn't looking so good. His eyes looked tired and even though he smiled at her, there was an exhausted resignation hanging about him which she didn't like. To be honest, it kind of reminded her of the way Leigh was when things weren't going well with Michael. Adam had told her a little bit about Jared's relationship with his submissive, Marissa, and to Angel it sounded like she was dragging the big Dom around on all sorts of strings. Kind of emotionally abusive really, which was weird to think about when the victim was a big, hulking guy like Jared, but that was life. At least she managed to make him smile, telling him a little about Adam's evening with her housemates the night before.

Then the door to the club opened and she shivered, she'd almost forgotten she was basically unclothed, and Jared scolded her and shooed her into the club. He was such a nice guy, like a gentle, caring giant.

It really sucked that some bitch was taking advantage of him.

Seeing some of the looks she was getting from the few available Doms scattered around the tables at the bar, Angel decided she should head right to one of the barstools and wait for Adam there. Not that she couldn't take care of herself, and she knew Stronghold took care of its own, but she had to admit she did feel safer when one of his friends was around. Besides, she taught the women in her classes to act defensively in all aspects of their life, and right now all of her goodies were covered but not much else was, and she was in a sex club with a bunch of men—and women—who were sexual dominants while she was a sexual submissive. While her pride and independent nature might want to sit at a table by herself, it was silly to go asking for trouble when no one would proposition her while she was under Andrew's eye.