Save Me (oneshot?)

I clenched my jaw and squeezed my eyes shut as the rain poured down, coating my hair and soaking my shirt down to the bone. I stood at the corner of Sunnyvale Court, waiting for a car to speed by like it always does. I knew one was coming soon, and I would take my chance.

Death is something I've longed for, for what seems like forever. My father left, left me with my mother that isn't really my mother and a sister that hates me, all to be with a family that he cares more for. He left me to deal with her for two years, and tonight was the last straw.

I graduated today, but no one came. I sent him an invitation, but I got nothing in return. I instead holed up in my room and watched the party across the street, a boy that wasn't ever technically going to our school. His group of friends were on loan from some Academy, but it was obvious that wasn't the entire truth.

Within one year, Ashley Waters has new administration, the drug problems were taken care of, and it seems like that group of boys fixed the school. They were too smart, to observant, to handsome; and yet, here I was. Still getting abused by a woman I use to call mom, still wanting my life to end.

My eyes flitted to the headlights leaving the home from across the road of my house, the car speeding quickly down the road. I smiled to myself as I took a breath, waiting until it was close in front of me before taking a step out and jumping.

The impact was instant, pain radiating from my chest as I bounced off the car and onto the asphalt. I could feel blood trickling from my mouth, my head smacking the ground and my eyes shutting on their own accord. I heard shouting, the sounds of more people, but I didn't care.

That black light I wanted so badly, it came for me. All I could hope was the letter I had clutched in my hand found its way to the body across the street, maybe they could take care of my father and my step mother. Maybe I could finally get justice, even if I'm dead when I get it.

I felt myself drift away, my eyes opening once more to look up into concerned silver eyes. I gave him a small smile, flashing lights filling the air behind him. I whispered to him, barely audible as he leaned low to try and hear me.

"Thank you."