Threats

(Winter's P.O.V.)

As he walks towards her she lowered her chin so it's touching her chest. "You're not going to make me feel bad kid. Your with HYDRA, and I need information on them."
"Why?"
"So you do speak?"
"If I can scream I can speak Mr. Stark. I would have assumed you would be smart enough to guess at least that."
"Well you should have spoke when you had the chance. Now your going to scream."
"I will never talk. I don't care what to do to me."
"Well guess what?" Silence. "If you don't talk, I won't be nice. And by nice I mean I won't kill you and put you out of your damn misery."
With that he undoes the bindings on her arms that held her into the chair, and pulls her so she's standing. Her knees start to buckle from under the wait and she starts to fall, only for Howard to stop her, "no no. If your going to fall, fall back." He pulls her mask down and let's go of her, she falls backwards into the vat, for a moment you could hear the hitch in her breath and see the binds on her ankles, that were rubbed raw.

All I could see, was darkness and I could feel my lungs burning as if I was Jess. Giving up she breaths in the oils and is pulled up. Doubling over, coughing and vomiting out what she breathed in. Her mask has came untied from her neck and falls to the floor, it has blood splattered over it. "Ready to talk yet?"
She replies in a raspy voice "did I scream Uncle Stark?"
"I'll take that as a no. Have a good swim, good luck getting out."
He let's go of her and starts walking away. She falls back in and struggles to sit up and get out of the liquid. When she does manage to sit up her head barley breaks the surface, gasping for air she shimmies to a corner and leans into it, fighting to stay upright and conscious.

Whatever Howard has done to her she is starting to give up hope. Hope that someone would help her, that someone being me.

After what seems like hours to me but only minutes to the world Howard walks back in, with a man following behind him. A man in a lab coat and an evil smirk.

Jess is pulled from the oil and shoved back into the chair that was holding her before. The restraints are done back up but her legs are extended on a rest in front of her, while being held down by a thick leather strap.

"Dr. Kar, do your worse. Make her scream."
"My pleasure Mr. Stark."

The man -Dr. Kar- pulls a dull knife from his pocket and starts slicing away at Jess's legs, making her squeeze her eyes shut and throw her head back. Refusing to scream or make any noise other than her jagged breathing.

When the doctor stops with the knife she has lacerations all up her legs and a few on her arms. Since she didn't scream yet he pulls out a hammer. Hitting her knees and anywhere that bones may meet he creates more bruises and marks then what were already there. She screams as the hammer collides with a bruised, cut and marked knee. "Enough!" Howard steps in and stops the doctor before he can swing again. "That's enough for today Dr. Kar. If she refuses again tomorrow you will have your chance. Leave." Howard watched as Kar left and then turns back to Jess who has been watching him since he called out 'enough.' "I will find the base. With or without your help you stupid little girl."
"I am not little anymore Uncle."
"Really? Then how old are you and why did you call me uncle?"
"I am twelve. You had me call you that before my mother was killed and I was taken."
"Twelve. Wait, Jessica?"
"I can't remember birth name. Only the one HYDRA has given me."
"Then you are no longer someone I know, and it's so sad that even though you have basically just begun your journey in life, you have made so many bad decisions."
"My decisions have kept me alive. There and here, all you have decided lately is whether or not to torture a child you knew and taught."
"Bold words for a kid that's strapped to a table, in a room of killing devices."
"What would Maria say if she knew about this?"
Leaning in close Howard whispered "She knows" into her ear. Just before toppling the chair onto its side into the oil. She thrashes against her bonds until she can't hold onto life any longer, breathing in the liquid her lungs convulse and her heart stops beating. She's dead, but doesn't wake up.